|Asst Prof Poh Chueh Loo|
Division of Bioengineering
School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6514 1088
- PhD University of London, Imperial Coll. 2007
- BEng (Hons) Nanyang Technological University 2001
|Dr. Chueh Loo Poh is an Assistant Professor with the Division of Bioengineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore since 2007. He obtained his PhD in Bioengineering from Imperial College London and B.Eng. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from NTU Singapore. After completing his B.Eng., he joined Accenture Pte Ltd and specialized in Information Technology Consulting. He was awarded NTU overseas PhD scholarship in 2003 to pursue a PhD at Imperial College London. He was awarded NTU Excellence in Teaching award in 2010 and he has been a member of IEEE since 2007.|
|Asst Prof Poh research interests include biomedical informatics, information technology for healthcare and synthetic biology. His current research works focus on image processing (image enhancement, segmentation, registration) related to MR and CT imaging, bio-inspired machine learning and computational tools for synthetic biology design.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2013-) [by MOE]
- NTU-NHG Innovation Collaboration Grant (2013-) [by National Health Group (NHG)]
- National Medical Research Council (2011-2014) [by National Medical Research Council (NMRC)]
- Seed Funding (2013-) [by College of Engineering]
|Current Projects |
- Development of computer based system for cartilage lesion detection in the assessment of osteoarthritis
- Engineering novel designer probiotics to sense and eradicate Vibrio cholerae
- Improving Radiotherapy using 4D Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Visualization
- Improving spatial resolution of MR dilfusion weighted imaging through the developtnent of super-resolution technology for improved prostate cancer diagnosis
- New Research Initiatives in Chemical and Bioengineering Areas
- Preclinical Study of A Living Hyaline Cartilage Graft for Joint Repair
- N. Saeidi, M Arshath, MW Chang, CL Poh*. (2013). A Model of a Quorum Sensing Device for Synthetic Biology Design. Chemical Engineering Science, .
- EV Reeth, IWK Tham, CH Tan, and CL Poh*. (2013). Super-Resolution in Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Review. Concepts in Magnetic Resonance -Part A., .
- TK Chuah, EV Reeth, K Sheah, CL Poh*. (2013). Texture analysis of bone marrow in knee MRI for classification of subjects with bone marrow lesion - Data from the Osteoarthritis Initiative.. Magnetic Resonance Imaging, .
- W.B. Dou, C.L. Poh* and Y.L. Guan. (2012). An improved tamper detection and localization scheme for volumetric DICOM images. Journal of Digital Imaging, .
- PC Yu, K. Seah, CL Poh. (2012). Tracking of lymph nodes in the longitudinal study of thoracic CT images. Computers in Biology and Medicine, .