|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof Leung Cyril Sik
School of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6967
Office: N4-B3b-06d [LILY]
- PhD (Electrical Engrg) Stanford University 1976
- MS (Electrical Engrg) Stanford University 1974
- BSc(Hons) (Electrical Engrg) Imperial College of Science & Technology 1973
|Cyril Leung received the B.Sc.(first class honours) degree from Imperial College, University of London, England, and the M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in electrical engineering from Stanford University.|
He has been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and the Department of Systems Engineering and Computing Science, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada. He is currently a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of British Columbia (UBC), Vancouver, Canada, where he holds the PMC-Sierra Professorship in Networking and Communications. He served as Associate Dean, Research & Graduate Studies, in the Faculty of Applied Science, UBC from July 2008 to June 2011.
He has been a consultant to many multi-national companies in the area of digital communications and storage. He is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia, Canada and Professional Engineers Ontario, Canada.
|Digital communications, wireless communication networks, sensor networks, ubiquitous computing, elderly-friendly technologies, digital/social signal processing, security and privacy, trust computational models, information theory|
- ADL+: A Digital Toolkit for Cognitive Assessment and Intervention
- Han Yu, Chunyan Miao, Yongqing Zheng, Lizhen Cui, Simon Fauvel & Cyril Leung. (2019). Ethically Aligned Opportunistic Scheduling for Productive Laziness. Proceedings of the 2nd AAAI/ACM Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Ethics and Society (AIES-19).
- X. Yu, L. Meng, X. Tian, S. Fauvel, B. Huang, Y. Guan, Z. Shen, C. Miao, and C. Leung. (2018). Usability analysis of the novel functions to assist the senior customers in online shopping. 20th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCII’18).
- Han Yu, Zhiqi Shen, Chunyan Miao, Cyril Leung, Victor R. Lesser & Qiang Yang. (2018). Proceedings of the 27th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI'18): Building Ethics into Artificial Intelligence. (pp. 5527–5533).
- Simon Fauvel, Han Yu, Chunyan Miao, Lizhen Cui, Hengjie Song, Liang Zhang, Xiaoming Li & Cyril Leung. (2018). Artificial Intelligence Powered MOOCs: A Brief Survey. the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Agents (ICA’18).
- Yongqing Zheng, Han Yu, Lizhen Cui, Chunyan Miao, Cyril Leung & Qiang Yang. (2018). In Proceedings of the 30th AAAI Conference on Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence (IAAI-18): SmartHS: An AI Platform for Improving Government Service Provision. (pp. 7704–7711)USA: AAAI Press.