|Dr Lum Kit Meng |
Division of Infrastructure Systems and Maritime Studies
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 5318
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2002
- MSE University of Texas at Austin 1990
- MSc National University of Singapore 1988
- BEng(Hons) National University of Singapore 1983
|Dr. Lum Kit Meng is an Associate Professor in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, NTU, Singapore. He graduated with First Class Honours in Civil Engineering and a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering from the National University of Singapore. He also holds a Master of Science Degree and a PhD Degree in Transportation Engineering. He is a qualified Professional Engineer practicing in Singapore.
Dr. Lum teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate courses for various degree programs [BSc (Maritime Studies), BEng (Civil) and BEng (Environmental) Degrees; MSc (Civil) and MSc (Logistics) Degrees] offered by NTU. Besides, he has accumulated vast experience in developing and conducting Training courses for working professionals in Singapore and the region on an annual basis.
Besides teaching, Dr. Lum has actively involved in research and consultancy work. He has contributed more than 60 articles to refereed professional journals, conference proceedings, research reports and research bulletins. He has provided consultancy services to both the public and the private sectors Many of these consultancy services and research work require mass data statistical analysis.
|Intelligent Transportation Systems
Pavement Materials and Design
Traffic Safety and Management
Operations Research and Simulation
|Research Grant |
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2012-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
|Current Projects |
- Research on User Behaviour & Response
- Lum, K.M. and Wong, Y.D. (2009). Traffic impact assessment study at Nos. 7 & 14 Tractor Road Campuses.
- Qiu, YF; Meng, LK. (2007). A study on the internal aggregate packing of stone mastic asphalt (SMA). Road and Transport Research, 16(2), 19-28.
- Lam, S.H., Lum, K.M., Jin Ming. (2006). Motorists' Response to Variable Message Signs (VMS). World Roads Conference 2006.
- Lam, S.H., Lum, K.M., Jin Ming. (2006). Studies of driving behaviour on the Kallang/Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE).
- Lum, K.M., Wong, Y.D. (2003). Impacts of red light camera on violation characteristics. Journal of Transportation Engineering, 129(6), 648-656.