|Asst Prof Chen Xin |
Division of Mathematical Sciences
School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences
College of Science
- PhD Peking University 2001
- ME Peking University 1998
- BS Peking University 1995
|Assistant Prof Chen Xin is currently in the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences since 2005. He received his Bachelor degree in Computational Mathematics from Peking University, Master and Ph.D. degrees from Peking University too. His research interests include Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Algorithms, and Data Compression. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 20 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals, including Bioinformatics, BMC Bioinformatics etc. He received the Best Paper award twice from the Internation Conference on Genomic Informatics (GIW).|
|Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Microbial Genomics, Data Compression, Algorithm Design and Analysis|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2009-)
- Start Up Grant (2006-)
|Current Projects |
- Comprehensive chromosome-wide allele-specific analyses of X chromosome inactivation
- Inferring Functional Roles of Genes from Microarray Expression Data with Confidence
- Surface Construction, Compression and Encoding for IDM Applications
- The Assignment of Orthologous Genes via Genome Rearrangement
- X. Chen, Q. Wu, R. Sun, L, Zhang. (2012). Two combinatorial optimization problems for SNP discovery using base-specific cleavage and mass spectrometry. BMC Systems Biology, 6(Suppl 2), S5.
- Ruimin Sun, Xiang Gao, Nanyu Han, Qiong Wu, Yuguang Mu, Kai Tang, Xin Chen. (2012). Accurate detection of SNPs using base-specific cleavage and mass spectrometry. IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine.
- Xin Chen, Ruimin Sun and Jiadong Yu. (2011). Approximating the double-cut-and-join distance between unsigned genomes. BMC Bioinformatics, 12(Suppl 9), S17.
- Xin Chen. (2010). On sorting unsigned permutations by double-cut-and-joins. Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, .
- Xin Chen and Jian-Yi Yang. (2010). Constructing consensus genetic maps in comparative analysis. Journal of Computational Biology, 17(11), 1561-1573.