|Asst Prof Chen is currently in the School of Materials Science and Engineering since Jan 2009. He received his BS degree in chemistry (honors) from Fuzhou University in China in 1999 and MS degree in physical chemistry (honors) from Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, under the guidance of Prof. Minghua Liu in 2002. After that, he moved to University of Muenster in Germany and obtained his PhD degree in biochemistry (Summa Cum Laude) under the direct of Prof. Harald Fuchs and Prof. Lifeng Chi. In 2006, he joined prof. Chad Mirkin's group at Northwestern University as postdoctoral fellow. Since 2009, he is NRF research fellow and Nanyang Asst Prof in the School of Materials Science and Engineering. He has done significant research work in the area of self-assembly, nanoelectroncis, and plasmonics, and published over 40 papers in prestigious refereed journals.|
|Currently, Prof. Chen's research focuses on three directions: (1) Nanobioelectronics: to develop integrated nanostructure-biomaterial hybrid systems for bioelectronics and probe biological processes at the nanoscale; (2) Bioinspired assembly: to mimic methods used by nature for interfacing organic and non-organic material and building hierarchical structures with advanced functions, and (3) Nanomaterials for energy conversion and storage: to explore nanoscale modules for light harvesting, charge separation, solar energy conversion, and storage.|
- Xianjun Lang, Wei Hao, Wan Ru Leow, Shuzhou Li, Jincai Zhao, Xiaodong Chen. (2015). Tertiary amine mediated aerobic oxidation of sulfides into sulfoxides by visible‐light photoredox catalysis on TiO2. Chemical Science, .
- Yuxin Tang, Yanyan Zhang, Wenlong Li, Bing Ma, Xiaodong Chen. (2015). Rational material design for ultrafast rechargeable lithium-ion batteries. Chemical Society Reviews, , DOI: 10.1039/C4CS00442F.
- Lang, X. J.; Leow, W. R.; Zhao, J. C.; Chen, X. D. (2015). Synergistic photocatalytic aerobic oxidation of sulfides and amines on TiO2 under visible-light irradiation. Chemical Science, 6(2), 1075-1082.
- Li, Y.-Q.; Zhu, B.; Li, Y.; Leow, W. R.; Goh, R.; Ma, B.; Fong, E.; Tang, M.; Chen, X. (2015). Synergistic Capture Strategy for Enhanced Bacteria Detection and EliminationSynergistic Capture Strategy for Enhanced Bacteria Detection and Elimination. Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 126(23), 5947–5951.
- Cangjie Yang, Quang Thang Trinh, Xiaochen Wang, Yuxin Tang, Kai Wang, Shuo Huang, Xiaodong Chen, Samir H. Mushrif, Mingfeng Wang*. (2015). Crystallization-Induced Red Emission of a Facilely Synthesized Biodegradable Indigo Derivative. Chemical Communications, 51, 3375-3378.