|Asst Prof Chen is currently in the School of Materials Science and Engineering since Jan 2009. He received his BS degree in chemistry (honors) from Fuzhou University in China in 1999 and MS degree in physical chemistry (honors) from Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences, under the guidance of Prof. Minghua Liu in 2002. After that, he moved to University of Muenster in Germany and obtained his PhD degree in biochemistry (Summa Cum Laude) under the direct of Prof. Harald Fuchs and Prof. Lifeng Chi. In 2006, he joined prof. Chad Mirkin's group at Northwestern University as postdoctoral fellow. Since 2009, he is NRF research fellow and Nanyang Asst Prof in the School of Materials Science and Engineering. He has done significant research work in the area of self-assembly, nanoelectroncis, and plasmonics, and published over 40 papers in prestigious refereed journals.|
- Active plasmonic structures and their applications in biosensing
- Bioinspired Nanojunctions:from Programmed Assembly to Advanced Functions
- Centre for Excellence for Silicon Technologies (COE-Si)
- Integrated Plasmonic Nanostructures for Biomimetic Sensing
- Multiple Modulation of Molecular Transport Junctions
- Nanomaterials for Energy and Water Management
- Nanomaterials for Water Management I
- Nanostructured-Biomaterials hybrid systems for bioelectronics
- Organometallics for molecular plasmonic
- SinBeRISE Subproject 4 - Materials
- Lam CRI, Tan C, Teo Z, Tay CY, Ohua T, Wu YL, Cai PQ, Tan LP, Chen X, Zhu P and Tan NS. (2013). Loss of TAK1 increases cell traction force in a ROS-dependent manner to drive epithelial-mesenchymal transition of cancer cells. Cell Death and Disease, 4, doi:10.1038/cddis.2013.339.
- ZENG XIN, TAI KONG FAI, Zhang Tianliang, HO CHUN WAN JOHN, Lydia Helena Wong, Chen Xiaodong, Subodh Gautam Mhaisalkar. (2013, April). Kesterite solar cell with 5.1% efficiency using solution based chemical spray pyrolysis of Cu2ZnSnS4 followed by selenization.. Paper presented at 2013 MRS Spring Meeting & Exhibit, San Francisco, California.
- Niu ZQ, Zhang L, Liu LL, Zhu BW, Dong HB, Chen XD. (2013). All-Solid-State Flexible Ultrathin Micro-Supercapacitors Based on Graphene. Advanced Materials, .
- Niu ZQ, Dong HB, Zhu BW, Li JZ, Hng HH, Zhou WY, Chen XD, Xie SS. (2013). Highly Stretchable, Integrated Supercapacitors Based on Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Films with Continuous Reticulate Architecture. Advanced Materials, 25, 1058-1064.
- Zhang, Y. Y.; Tang, Y. X.; Liu, X. F.; Dong, Z. L.; Hng, H. H.; Chen, Z.; Sum, T. C.; Chen, X. D. (2013). Three-Dimensional CdS–Titanate Composite Nanomaterials for Enhanced Visible-Light-Driven Hydrogen Evolutio. Small, (9), 996-1002.