|Assoc Prof Chang Xin|
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4807
- PhD Hong Kong University of Sci. & Tech. 2004
- MPhil Graduate Sch. of people's Bank of China 1998
- BEng Tsinghua University 1995
|Xin Chang is an Assistant Professor at Nanyang Business School of Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He specializes in corporate Finance, especially capital structure, mergers and acquisitions, divestiture, and equity valuation. Before joining NTU in 2008, he had been teaching Corporate Finance to Undergraduates, Advanced Corporate Finance and Valuation to Masters/Honours, and Corporate Finance Theory to PhDs for fours years at University of Melbourne.
Xin was awarded Dean's award of Research Excellence in 2006 and Dean's certificate for Excellence in Teaching for 2007 at University of Melbourne. He earned a Ph.D in Finance in 2004 from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST). His educational background also includes a Master of Philosophy in Money and Banking from the Graduate School of People's Bank of China and a Bachelor of Engineering in Management Information Systems from Tsinghua University of China.
|Corproate Finance, Valuation|
|Current Projects |
- Stock Return Sensitivity to Investor Sentiment
- Xin Chang and Hong Feng (John) Zhang. (2013). Managerial Entrenchment and Firm Value: A Dynamic Perspective. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Forthcoming.
- Xin Chang, Kangkang Fu, Angie Low, and Wenrui Zhang. (2013). Non-executive Employee Stock Options and Corporate Innovation. Journal of Financial Economics, Forthcoming.
- Xin Chang and Sudipto Dasguta. (2009). Target Behavior and Financing: How Conclusive is the Evidence?. The Journal of Finance, 64(4), 1767-1796.
- Chang Xin, Sudipto Dasgupta, Gilles Hilary. (2009). The Effect of Auditor Choice on Financing Decisions. The Accounting Review, 84(4), 1085-1117.
- Chang X., S. Dasgupta and G. Hilary. (2006). Analyst Coverage and Financing Decisions. The Journal of Finance, 61(6), 3009-3048.