|Assoc Prof (Adj) A P Gopinath Menon |
Adjunct Associate Professor
Division of Infrastructure Systems and Maritime Studies
School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6104
- MEng University of New South Wales 1970
- BE(Hons) University of Malaya 1966
|A P Gopinath Menon has been an Adjunct Asociate Professor with CEE since 1991. He graduated in Civil Engineering at the University of Malaya in 1966 and has a Master's degree in Transport and Traffic Engineering from the University of New South Wales in 1971. He was effectively the Chief Transportation Engineer of Singapore from 1991 to 2001 before retirement. He is a international pioneer in road congestion pricing and has delivered many papers at local and international forums on this subject. Currently he is a freelance traffic engineering consultant. He is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Singapore, Institution of Civil Engineers, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport and a Member of the Institute of Transportation Engineers.|
|Road congestion pricing, traffic management, public transport, road safety engineering|
|Research Grant |
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2008-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2010-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
- Land Transport Authority Grant (2012-) [by Land Transport Authority (LTA)]
- Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Welfare Foundation (MSIWF) Research Grant (2011-) [by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Welfare Foundation]
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2013-)
|Current Projects |
- Mobility of visually-handicapped pedestrians – crossing behaviour and assistive design/technologies at signalised pedestrian crossings
- Research Study Into Cycling In Singapore
- Research on User Behaviour & Response
- Setting up the Nanyang Road Safety Research Institute (NaSRI)
- Study of Transport Energy Efficiency, Methodology, Practice and Policy Effect
- Menon, A.P.G., Wong, Y.D. and Niyamathulla, J.M. (2009). Research study into cycling in Singapore – Phase I ReportNTU.
- . (Ed.). (2002). Proceedings of the International Conference on Sustainable and Seamless Transportation, 25-27 November 2002, SingaporeSingapore: Centre for Transportation Studies, Nanyang Technological University.
- Menon, A.P.G. (2000). Traffic Management in Urban Areas- A case study of Singapore. Proceedings of the 10th Conference of the Road Engineering Association of Asia & Australasia , Tokyo.
- Menon, A.P.G. (2000). ERP in Singapore - A perspective one year on. Traffic Engineering and Control, , 40-45.
- Menon, A.P.G., Lam, S.H. (1999). Singapore's road pricing system - January 1994 to September 1998. Research Report NTU/CTS/00-05, Centre for Transportation Studies.