|Dr Li received his B.Eng. degree in Structural Engineering from Tong Ji University, Shanghai, and his Ph.D. from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand. Dr. Li has taught graduate and undergraduate courses in the area of structural design, including courses on the behavior, design, and assessment of reinforced concrete structures.
Dr. Li has research interests primarily in the areas of seismic performance of reinforced concrete building structures. Most recently, Dr Li is actively working in the areas of anti-terrorist design and evaluation for government and commercial facilities, and research & development blast testing for explosive effects on conventional reinforced concrete structures and buildings made from precast concrete.
- An Integrated Multiple-Hazards Research Programme for Resilient Structures - Project title: The Influence of Floor Slabs and Transverse Beams on the Behavior of RC Beam-Column Joints under Loss of Column Scenarios
- Arsenic Treatment project (Dan Phuong District, Ha Tay Province, Vietnam)
- Building Security Research - MHA (Overhead)
- Community Hygiene Complex
- Development of Analytical Tools for Progressive Collapse Analysis due to Terrorist Bombing (1 of 2)
- Development of Analytical Tools for Progressive Collapse Analysis due to Terrorist Bombing (2 of 2)
- Floating villages (safe water and sanitation) - Cambodia - River of Hope
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) New Scientific Exchange Programme FY2011
- Rebuilding & rehabilitation of villages using bamboo-reinforced rammed earth wall system
- Repair & Seismic Strengthening of Schools & Training of Local Builders, Jiangsu Province, China
- Repair and Seismic Strengthening of Schools and Training of Local Builders, Shaanxi Province, China
- Seismic Hazard and Risk of Building Stock Within the Kallang Basin, Singapore (ICRM)
- Strengthening of Schools in Yunnan, Dali, China
- Strengthening of unreinforced Masonry Building
- TF-NTU Training and Capacity Building Programme on Seismic Strengthening for Master and Local Builders in Philippines
- Training & Capacity-Building Programme on Seismic Strengthening for Master & Local Builders in India
- Training & Capacity-Building Programme on Seismic Strengthening for Master & Local Builders in Luzon and the Visayas, Philippines
- Training Project & Seismic Strengthening of Schools & Training of Local Builders in Shaanxi Province, China
- Training Project for Master and Local Builders in Strengthening Techniques to Increase Seismic Resistance in School Buildings in Jiangsu Province, China
- Training Project for Master and Local Builders in Strengthening Techniques to Increase Seismic Resistance in School Buildings in Yunnan Province, China
- Training and Capacity Building Programme in Seismic strengthening for master & local builders in Nepal
- Training of Local Builders in Strengthening Techniques and Increase Seismic Resistance in Two School Buildings in Yunnan Province, China
- Water Sector Training Programme for The National Capital Territory of Delhi, India
- Water treatment at National Cancer Hospitals K1 & K2 (Hanoi, Vietnam)
- Qian Kai and Bing Li. (2013). Experimental Study of Drop Panel Effects on the Response of Reinforced Concrete Flat Slabs after the Loss of a Corner Column. ACI Structural Journal, 110(28), 319-330.
- Li B, Huang ZH, Low YM, Ou J. (2012). Experimental and numerical study of the effects of heave plate on the motion of a new deep draft multi-spar platform. Journal of Marine Science and Technology, .
- Bing Li, Anand Nair and Kai Qian. (2012). Blast Damaged Residual Axial Capacity of Reinforced Concrete Columns. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 26(3), 287-299.
- Bing Li and Kai Qian. (2011). Seismic Behavior of Damaged RC Interior Beam-Wide Column Joints Repaired Using GFRP and CFRP. Journal of Composites for Construction, ASCE, 15(3), 12.
- Kulkarni, SA; Li, B. (2009). Seismic Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Interior Wide-Beam Column Joints. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 13(1), 80-99.