|Prof David Chew has been with the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering since 1985. He received his Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Singapore (1974), Master of Applied Science degree from University of Waterloo, Canada (1976), Master of Business Administration degree from Oklahoma City University (1991) and Doctor of Business Administration degree from University of Southern Queensland, Australia (2001). His research interests include Relationship Marketing for International Construction, Strategic Management of China's Construction Industry and Competitiveness of International Construction Firms. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published over 40 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been invited as a reviewer for a number of premier journals, including the ASCE Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Construction Management and Economics and Chinese Management Studies. Dr. David Chew is a member of the Institution of Engineers, Singapore and a Professional Engineer in Singapore.|
- Managing Sourcing Risks In A Global Supply Chain
- Y.Y. Li, P.H. Chen, D.A.S. Chew, Teo C.C., R.G. Ding. (2011). Critical Project Management Factors of Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) Firms for Delivering Green Building Projects in Singapore (accepted for publication). Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, .
- Li, B., Tiong, R.L.K., Wong, W.F., Chew, D.A.S. (1999). Risk management in international construction joint ventures. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 125(4), 277-284.
- Tiong, R.L.K., Chew, D.A.S., Ting, S.K., David Ashley, Wang Shou qing. (1998). Evaluation and competitive tendering of BOT power plant project in China. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 124(4), 333-341.
- Chew, D.A.S., Lim, E.C. (1992). Improving the Performance of Hollow Core Slabs. 17th Conference on Our World in Concrete and Structures.
- Wong, W.F., Chew, D.A.S. (1992). Confirmation of Design Strength for a Precast Prestressed Unit--A Case study of Load Testing on Holocor Slabs. Proceeding of The Third International Symposium on Notyworthy Applications In Concrete Prefabrication (pp. 159-167).