|Asst Prof Yeow Yong Kwang, Adrian|
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5654
- PhD U of Maryland, Robert H Smith Sch of Bus 2008
- BComm (Hons) Nanyang Technological University 1997
|Adrian Yeow has a Ph.D. from the R.H. School of Business, University of Maryland, College Park. His dissertation is on the development and implementation of electronic health record systems within hospitals. Adrian’s research interests include (1) implementation studies of complex information systems, (2) social construction of IT artifacts and IT products, and (3) coordination and knowledge integration among project teams. He has published several papers in journals such as JAIS, Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Information & Organization, and IJAIS. He has also presented in top refereed conferences as International Conference of Information Systems (ICIS), and Academy of Management (AOM). Prior to entering academia, Adrian was a Manager of Product Development for a major Singapore communications company.|
|Enterprise Systems implementation
Knowledge work and coordination among project teams
Social construction of new information technologies
Electronic Medical Records Systems
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2009-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- The Impact of the Implementataion of Medical Information Systems on Business Processes Within Health and Health-Related Organization
- The search for search: understanding the strategic and technological contests.
- Adrian Yeow. (2013). Emergence of hybrid practices in a complex institutional environment. 72nd Academy of Management Meeting.
- Yeow, Yong Kwang Adrian and Goh, Kim Huat. (2012, December ). Healthcare processes and IT: Exploring Productivity Gains through Improved Allocative Efficiency. Paper presented at International Conference on Information Systems, Orlando, FL.
- Yeow, A. and Chua, C. (2012, August ). Managing the RFP Process from a Discursive Perspective. Paper presented at 71st Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, USA.
- Rindova VR, Yeow A, Martins L, Faraj S. (2012). Partnering portfolios, value-creation logics, and growth trajectories: A comparison of Yahoo and Google (1995-2007). Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, 6(2), 133-151.
- Yeow, A. and Faraj, S. (2011). Microprocesses of healthcare technology implementation under competing institutional logics. International Conference on Information Systems 2011.