|Assoc Prof Ng Wee Keong|
Associate Chair (Research), School of Computer Engineering
Division of Software & Information Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6282
- PhD University of Michigan 1996
- MS University of Michigan 1992
- BSc(Hons) National University of Singapore 1990
|Dr. Ng Wee Keong is Associate Professor the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. |
Dr. Ng has published more than 200 refereed journal and conference articles in the area of data mining, web information systems, database and data warehousing, and software agents. His papers have appeared in top-tiered journals, including ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Databases, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, ACM Computing Surveys, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, Data and Knowledge Engineering Journal, World Wide Web Journal, and other major journals.
He is currently Associate Editor, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence, Member of Editorial Review Board of the Journal of Database Management (JDM), International Journal of Applied Decision Sciences (IJADS), International Journal of Intelligent Data Analysis (IJIDA), International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems (IJIIDS), and International Journal of Intelligent Information Technologies (IJIIT). He has co-authored a book entitled "Web Data Management", published by Springer-Verlag.
Dr. Ng actively participates in international conference activities. In recent years, he was Asia Pacific Liaison Chair of the 7th IFIP WG6.11 Conference on e-Commerce, e-Business, and e-Government (I3E 2008), Program Vice Chair of PRICAI 2008, Area Chair of PAKDD2008, Program Co-Chair of ICSSSM 2008, Area Chair of PAKDD 2007, Program Chair of PAKDD2006, Program Vice Chair of PRICAI2006.
Dr. Ng has graduated 11 Ph.D. and 18 Masters students since joining NTU. He has also attracted more than 10 research grants. In 2008 and 2009, Dr. Ng served as external examiner of Ph.D. dissertations for Monash University and La Trobe University, Australia. Dr. Ng is a Member of IEEE, IEEE Computer Society and ACM.
More information can be found at his website: www.ntu.edu.sg/home/awkng
|Data Analytics and Data Mining|
Information Security, Trust and Privacy
Social Networks and Informatics
Cloud Computing and Applications
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR (2010-2014)
- COE Flagship Multidisciplinary Research Initiative (2012-)
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2013-)
- Ministry of Defense (2012-)
- Toshiba Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- Analysis and Algorithms for High-Dimensional Evolutionary Data Streams
- Countering Didtributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks using self-organising fast-flux swarm network-Agreement No: POD0713727
- Cyber Security
- IoT Underground: A Comprehensive Low-Cost and Flexible Intelligent Infrastructure of Subterranean Facilities
- Outside Air Cooling in Modular Data Centre
- Research and Development in Mobile Phone Security - II
- Research and Development in Mobile Phone Security-II
- Secure Cyberspace Platform for Virtual Sustainable Campus with Real-time Continuum – Phase One
- Software Protection Techniques
- Software Protection Technologies
- pCloud: Privacy in data value chains using peer-to-peer primitives
- S. Han, W. K. Ng, L. Wan, C. S. Lee. (2010). Privacy-Preserving Gradient Descent Methods. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 22(6), 884-899.
- B. Ramadhana, B. Choi, W. K. Ng. (2010). Incremental Maintenance of 2-hop Labeling of Large Graphs. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 22(5), 682-698.
- Liu H., Vivekanand G., Ng W.K. (2009). Regression Models for Estimating Product Lifecycle Cost. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing, 20(4), 401-408.
- L. Wan, W. K. Ng, X. H. Dang, P. S. Yu, K. Zhang. (2009). Density-Based Clustering of Data Streams at Multiple Resolutions. ACM Transactions on Knowledge Discovery from Data, 3(3), 1556-4681.
- K. Zhai, W. K. Ng, A. Herianto, S. Han. (2009). Speeding Up Secure Computations via Embedded Caching. 9th SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM'09).