|Assoc Prof Huang Weihong |
Division of Economics
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- PhD University of Southern California 1989
- MA University of Southern California 1986
- MSc Tianjin University 1984
- BE Shangdong Mining University 1982
|Dr. Huang Weihong obtained his Ph.D in Economics from University of Southern California in 1989. He has taught at Howard University (1990-1992), National University of Singapore (1992-1998) and Nanyang Technological University (since May 1999). He is a leading expert in Nonlinear dynamical economics. Currently, he serves at the editorial boards of two international refereed journals. Dr. Huang has published widely in leading journals of economics, mathematics and physics such as "Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization", "Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control", "Journal of Mathematical Economics", "Physical Review E", "Nonlinearity", "Chaos" and et. al. An earlier paper based on his Ph.D dissertation and collaborated with his supervisor is reprinted in INTERNATIOAL LIBRARY of CRITICAL WRITTINGS IN ECONOMICS with honor.|
|Dr. Huang has wide research interests ranging from microeconomics, industrial organization, financial economics, public economics to nonlinear economic dynamics. Recently, Dr Huang has devoted much time and effort to reexamine the economic behaviors from the perspective of ancient Chinese philosophy. In recent years, he has devoted his most effort in incorporating ancient philosophical wisdom to the analysis of the economic behaviors.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2006-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2011-2014)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-)
- CoHASS Incentive Scheme (2013-)
- RCC (2005-)
- RCC (2009-)
|Current Projects |
- Nonlinear Economic Modelling of Financial Crisis
- Propagation Mechansim of Global Financial Crises
- ROSE (Reputable Opinion Social Environment) via Connectors, Mavens, and Salesmen
- Wavelet Analysis for Time Series Analysis and Financial Modelling
- Huang Weihong, with Zheng Huanhuan and Chia Wai-mun. (2012). Asymmetric Returns, Gradual Bubbles and Sudden Crashes. The European Journal of Finance, .
- Huang Weihong, with Zhang Yang. (2011). Instantaneous Information Always Stabilizes. Singapore Economic Review, .
- Huang Weihong, with Carl Chiarella, Xue-Zhong He and Zheng Huanhuan. (2011). Estimating Behavioural Heterogeneity under Regime Switching. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, .
- Huang Weihong with Dou Liyu, Li Mengling, Pan Gaowa and Chia Waimun. (2011, April). Self-fulfilling and Self-destroying Expectations in Financial Market,. Paper presented at International Conference on Nonlinear Economic Dynamics and Financial Market Modelling, Guangzhou.
- Huang Weihong with Carl Chiarella, Xue-Zhong He and Zheng Huanhuan. (2011, April). Estimating behavioural heterogeneity under regime switching. Paper presented at International Conference on Nonlinear Economic Dynamics and Financial Market Modelling, Guangzhou.