|Assoc Prof Uditha Balasooriya |
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4967
- PhD University of Western Ontario 1982
- MA University of Western Ontario 1978
- Diploma(Statistics) University of Sri Lanka 1976
- BA(Hons) University of Sri Lanka 1974
|Prof Uditha Balasooriya is currently in the School of Nanyang Business School since 2001. He received his Bachelor degree in Mathematics and Statistics and Diploma in Statistics from the University of Sri Lanka, Master and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Western Ontario respectively. His research interests include reliability analysis, and actuarial modelling. He has done significant research work his research areas and published over 30 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a referee/reviewer for a number of premier journals, including IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Canadian Journal of Statistics, Journal of Actuarial Practice, Journal of Statitical Planning and Inference, and Technometrics. Dr. Balasooriya is a member of American Statistical Association, Canadian Statistical Society and Singapore Institute of Statistic.|
|Prof Balasooriya's areas of expertise are reliability analysis, actuarial modelling, statistical methods and outliers in data analysis. His current research works focus on actuarial and financial modeling and statistical methods.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-)
|Current Projects |
- Value at Risk of Equity Portfolios based on Common Risk Factors on Stocks and Bonds
- S. R. Paul, T. Banerjee, U. Balasooriya. (2010). The Multi-clump Finite Mixture Distribution and Model Selection. Environmetrics, 21(1), 133-132.
- Uditha Balasooriya, Saw Leng Chooi, Sutaip, V. Gadag. (2000). Progressively Censored Reliability Sampling Plan for Weibull Distribution. Technometrics, 42(2), 160-167.