|Assoc Prof Goh Wooi Boon |
Associate Chair (Faculty), School of Computer Engineering
Head, Division of Hardware & Embedded Systems
Division of Hardware & Embedded Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4611
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2006
- MPhil University of Warwick 1992
- BSc(Hons) University of Birmingham 1984
|Wooi-Boon Goh received a B.Sc (1st Class Hons) in Computer Science and Electronic Engineering from the University of Birmingham, UK (1984), a M.Phil from University of Warwick, UK (1992), and a Ph.D. from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (2006). He is currently an Associate Professor and Head of the Computing Systems Division in the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, and his research interests include computer vision, human-computer interaction, multimedia and embedded systems. Before joining NTU, he was senior engineer and later engineering section manager at the Mechanization and Automation department of Hewlett Packard Singapore. His industrial engineering expertise is in the area of developing robot-assisted automation systems.|
|Computer Vision, Human Computer Interaction, Multimedia Systems, Embedded Systems|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council - Public Sector Funding (2009-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2012-)
- Seed Funding (2009-)
- Singapore Millenium Foundation (2011-2014)
|Current Projects |
- A Tangible MultiTouch Learning Environment for children with special needs
- All-Scale Digital Planetarium with Multi-touch Exploration
- Collaborative Multi-Touch Learning Environments for Children with Autism
- Effective Interation Designs In a Multi-Touch Tabletop and Portable Computing Device Augmented Space To Support Collaborative Learning Among Children With Special Needs
- Novel Interaction Techniques to Explore and Visualize Medical Volume Data
- Using embedded technology support (i-Cube) for children?s concept development through play
- W.B. Goh. (2008). Strategies for shape matching using skeletons. Computer Vision and Image Understanding, 110(3), 326-345.
- Fitriani*, W.B.Goh. (2007). Interacting with Projected Media on Deformable Surfaces. Interactive Computer Vision 07, in conjunction with 11th IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision, ICCV 2007.
- W.B.Goh, K.Y.Chan*. (2007). The Multiresolution Gradient Vector Field Skeleton. Pattern Recognition, 40, 1255-1269.
- Y.Shan*, W.B.Goh. (2000). Sub-pixel location of edges with non-uniform blurring: a finite closed-form approach. Image and Vision Computing, 18(13), 1015-1023.