|Academic Profile |
| || |
Prof S Viswanathan
Associate Dean (Research), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4798
- PhD Case Western Reserve University 1993
- MS Case Western Reserve University 1990
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management Indian Institute of Management Calcutta 1986
- BTech Indian Institute of Technology, Madras 1984
|Dr. S. Viswanathan (Vish) is Professor of Operations Management at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, where he has been a faculty member since 1992. He serves concurrently as Associate Dean (Research). He has also assisted the school previously in varied service roles, including Head of the Academic Division of IT and Operations Management, Director of PhD Programme, Programme Director of MBA (Technology & Operations Specialisation), Programme Director of MDP@Nanyang, and Chairman of IT Resources Group. |
Vish obtained a Ph.D. in Operations Research with minor in Operations Management from Case Western Reserve University in 1992, MBA (Gold Medallist) from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in 1986, and B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in 1984.
His teaching interests are in Corporate Sustainability, Sustainable Operations, Supply Chain & Logistics Management, Inventory Theory, and Optimization. His research interests are in Inventory Management, Sustainable Operations, Policies for regulating carbon emissions, Reverse Logistics & Remanufacturing, Transportation Scheduling & Timetabling, and Supply Chain & Service Operations.
His research has been published in Financial Times and Business Week ranked top tier Business journals such as Management Science, Operations Research, Production & Operations Management and Journal of Operations Management, and other top journals such as Naval Research Logistics, IIE Transactions, International Journal of Production Research, Operations Research Letters, Journal of the Operational Research Society, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Integrated Manufacturing Systems, International Journal of Technology and Management, International Journal of Logistics, and International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management.
He is very active as a Senior Editor, Editorial Board Member, or Associate Editor in several top journals in the field. He has made several appearances in Who’s who in the World, Who’s Who in Asia, Who’s Who in Finance and Industry and Who’s Who in Science and Engineering lists. He was awarded the prestigious Nanyang Award for Research Excellence in 2010.
Personal Home Page: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/asviswa
|Inventory Management, Joint Replenishment Inventory Systems,, Sustainable Operations, Policies for regulating carbon emissions, Reverse Logistics & Remanufacturing, Transportation Scheduling & Timetabling, and Supply Chain & Service Operations.|
CV and full list of publications can be found at this link: http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/asviswa/Vish_CV_Full_Web.pdf
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2016-) [by MOE]
- MOE Grant (2014-) [by MOE]
- Carbon Control Policies for Climate Change Mitigation
- Decisions models for optimal positioning & use of information and communicaiton technologies (ICT) in the supply chain.
- Impact of Carbon Control on Operations and Supply Chain
- Optimization Models for Capacity & Service Enhancements in Rail Systems
- S. Ghosh, R. Piplani, S. Viswanathan. (2015). A new two-bin policy for inventory systems with differentiated demand classes. Production and Operations Management, 24(5), 840-850.
- Y. Feng and S. Viswanathan. (2014). Heuristics with guaranteed performance for a manufacturing system with product recovery. European Journal of Operational Research, 232, 322-329.
- Sugoutam Ghosh, R. Piplani, S. Viswanthan. (2013). Optimal inventory rationing policy under service differentiation for multiple customer classes with deterministic demand. International Journal of Services Operations Management, 18, 38-56.
- S. Axsater and S. Viswanathan. (2012). On the value of customer information for an independent supplier in a continuous review inventory system. European Journal of Operational Research, 221, 34-347.
- 4. C. Zhou and S. Viswanathan. (2011). Comparison of a new bootstrapping method with parametric approaches for safety stock determination in service parts inventory system. International Journal of Production Economics, 133, 481-485.