|Prof S Viswanathan|
Associate Dean (Research), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4798
- PhD Case Western Reserve University 1993
- MS Case Western Reserve University 1990
- DipMgmt Indian Institute of Management Calcutta 1986
- BTech Indian Institute of Technology, Madras 1984
|Dr. S. Viswanathan (Vish) has been a faculty member at the Nanyang Business School for 16 years. Currently, Vish is Professor of Operations Management and Head of the Division of Information Technology & Operations Management (ITOM). Prior to entering academia, Vish worked as an Operations Auditor with a leading group of engineering companies in Madras, India and as an IT software specialist in the US. His teaching interests are in the general areas of Operations Management, Business Process Analysis, Supply Chain & Logistics Management and Management Science. His research interests are in Inventory Management, Joint Replenishment Inventory Systems, Supply Chain Coordination, Reverse Logistics Models, Manufacturing Systems, and Forecasting. He has been actively involved as a consultant to organizations in Singapore. His consulting work involves providing expertise in Logistics, Inventory Management, Supply chain Management, Work Force Scheduling and Forecasting. His research has been published in such journals as Management Science, Operations Research, Operations Research Letters, Naval Research Logistics, International Journal of Production Research, Journal of the Operational Research Society, European Journal of Operational Research, International Journal of Production Economics, Integrated Manufacturing Systems, International Journal of Technology and Management, International Journal of Logistics, and International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management. He also serves on the editorial board of several top academic journals in the field.|
|His research interests are in Inventory Management, Joint Replenishment Inventory Systems, Supply Chain Coordination, Reverse Logistics Models, Manufacturing Systems, and Forecasting.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-)
- NTU Internal Funding - New Initiative Funding (2011-) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Closed loop manufacturing and service networks
- Decisions models for optimal positioning & use of information and communicaiton technologies (ICT) in the supply chain.
- Impact of Carbon Control on Operations and Supply Chain
- Impact of Carbon on Operations and Supply Chain
- S. Ghosh, R. Piplani, S. Viswanathan. (2014). “A new two-bin policy for inventory systems with differentiated demand classes. Production and Operations Management, .
- S. Axsater and S. Viswanathan. (2012). On the value of customer information for an independent supplier in a continuous review inventory system. European Journal of Operational Research, Accepted and fo.
- Mandyam M. Srinivasan, S. Viswanathan. (2010). Optimal WIP Inventory Levels for High-Variety Low-Volume Manufacturing Systems. IIE Transactions, 42, 379-391.
- S Viswanathan, Handik Widiarta, Piplani R. (2007). Value of Information Exchange and Synchronization in a Multi-Tier Supply Chain. International Journal of Production Research, 45, 5057-5074.
- Yan Feng, S Viswanathan. (2007). The Impact of Demand Uncertainty On Coordinating Supply Chain Inventories Through Common Replenishment Epochs. Operational Research Society. Journal, 58, 964-971.