|Dr. S. Viswanathan (Vish) is a Professor of Operations Management at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, where he has been a faculty member since 1992. He serves concurrently as Associate Dean (Research). He also serves as the Director of the Centre for Business Sustainability. He has also assisted the school and university previously in varied service roles, including Head of the Academic Division of IT and Operations Management (ITOM), Director of PhD Programme, Programme Director of MBA (Technology & Operations Specialisation), Programme Director of MDP@Nanyang, Chairman of the IT Resources Group and as Cluster Director of the Energy Research Institute @ NTU (ERI@N). |
Vish was a member of the team responsible for the curriculum design and redesign of the full-time MBA into a one-year MBA program. As Head of ITOM, he was involved in developing the initial curriculum for the MSc(Technology Management) segment of the Renaissance Engineering Programme. He was the founding Programme Director of the NTU-Waseda double MBA program and was involved in developing the curriculum for the NTU-Waseda double MBA and the MBA (Technology & Operations) curriculum. He was also involved in developing the curriculum for the Management Development Program @ NTU, as its Founding Programme Director.
He obtained a Ph.D. in Operations Research with minor in Operations Management from Case Western Reserve University in 1992, MBA (Gold Medallist) from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in 1986, and B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in 1984.
His teaching interests are in Corporate Sustainability, Sustainable Operations, Operations Management, Inventory Theory, Supply Chain & Logistics Management and Optimization. His research interests are in Inventory Management, Sustainable Operations & Supply Chains, Policies for regulating carbon emissions, Reverse Logistics & Remanufacturing, Transportation Scheduling & Timetabling, and Supply Chain & Service Operations.
His research has been published in Financial Times and Business Week ranked top tier Business journals such as Management Science, Operations Research, Production & Operations Management, and Journal of Operations Management and other top journals such as International Journal of Production Research, European Journal of Operational Research, Naval Research Logistics, IIE Transactions, Operations Research Letters, Journal of the Operational Research Society, International Journal of Production Economics, Integrated Manufacturing Systems, International Journal of Technology & Management, International Journal of Logistics, and International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management.
He is very active as a Senior Editor, Editorial Board Member, Guest Editor, or Associate Editor in several top journals such as Decision Sciences, Production & Operations Management, Journal of Operations Management, and International Journal of Production Research . He has made several appearances in Whos who in the World, Whos Who in Asia, Whos Who in Finance and Industry and Whos Who in Science and Engineering lists. He was awarded the prestigious Nanyang Award for Research Excellence in 2010.
Personal Home Page: http://www.ntu.edu.sg/home/asviswa
|Inventory Management, Joint Replenishment Inventory Systems,, Sustainable Operations, Policies for regulating carbon emissions, Reverse Logistics & Remanufacturing, Transportation Scheduling & Timetabling, and Supply Chain & Service Operations.|
CV and full list of publications can be found at this link: http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/home/asviswa/Vish_CV_Full_Web.pdf
- S. Ghosh, R. Piplani, S. Viswanathan. (2015). A new two-bin policy for inventory systems with differentiated demand classes. Production and Operations Management, 24(5), 840-850.
- Y. Feng and S. Viswanathan. (2014). Heuristics with guaranteed performance for a manufacturing system with product recovery. European Journal of Operational Research, 232, 322-329.
- Sugoutam Ghosh, R. Piplani, S. Viswanthan. (2013). Optimal inventory rationing policy under service differentiation for multiple customer classes with deterministic demand. International Journal of Services Operations Management, 18, 38-56.
- S. Axsater and S. Viswanathan. (2012). On the value of customer information for an independent supplier in a continuous review inventory system. European Journal of Operational Research, 221, 34-347.
- 4. C. Zhou and S. Viswanathan. (2011). Comparison of a new bootstrapping method with parametric approaches for safety stock determination in service parts inventory system. International Journal of Production Economics, 133, 481-485.