December 2004 – Present: Assistant Professor, School of Computer Engineering, NTU
September 2002-November 2004: Lecturer, School of Computer Engineering, NTU
September 2000-September 2002: Lecturer, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Singapore Polytechnic, Singapore
June 1997 – September 1998: Instrumentation Engineer, Radiant Instrument and Electronic
June 1996-March 1997: Project Engineer, Kirloskar AAF Ltd., Bangalore, India
Nov. 1995-May 1996: Project Engineer, Tata Honeywell Ltd., India
October 1993-November 1995: Instrumentation Engineer, Kirloskar Snydergeneral Ltd., Bangalore, India
Ph.D., 2004, School of Computer Engineering, NTU, Singapore
Master of Engineering, 2001, School of Computer Engineering, NTU, Singapore
Bachelor of Technology, Instrumentation and Control Engg., 1994, University of Calicut, India
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP: Senior Member, IEEE
PUBLICATIONS: 75 peer-reviewed papers in international journals and IEEE conferences.
- France-Singapore Cooperation Platform in Science & Technology award (Merlion Project), Awarded
jointly by the Embassy of France in Singapore and Government of Singapore, 2007
- Nominee for Nanyang Award for Excellence in Teaching 2008
- Best Year 2 Lecturer, School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 2008
(Selected based on student’s voting).
- Best Year 2 Lecturer, School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, 2007.
- UK-Singapore Partners in Science Award, British High Commission of Singapore, 2006
- Research Outcome Award Recognition (ROAR), Office of Research, NTU, 2006
- ROAR, Office of Research, NTU, 2005
|Digital Signal Processing, Low Power Reconfigurable DSP Circuits for Software Radio and Cognitive Radio, Biomedical Signal Processing, Brain-Computer Interface, Number Theoretic Transforms for Signal processing and Communications
ACTIVE RESEARCH GRANTS:
- Project grants amounting $298,344 as Principal Investigator (Funding from MOE, MINDEF, Merlion
(France-Singapore Cooperation), European Aeronautic Defence & Space Company (EADS).
- Project grants amounting $54,194 as Co-Investigator (Funding from MOE).
- Advanced Baseband Alogorithms and Low Power Implementations for Wireless Communications
- Algorithms for Scalable Cooperative Communication of Multi-hop Relay Networks in a Distributed Environment
- Brain wave Driven Computer Game: A Pedagogical Tool For Attention-Deficit Children
- CAPESR: Development of an assistive device for autistic children impaired recognition of facial emotion
- Design Methodology for Reconfigurable Low Power Software Defined Radio Handset
- Design and Implementation of a Low Power Wireless Communication Channelizer and Signal Detector
- Low Complexity Dynamically Reconfigurable Signal Processing for Cognitive Radios
- VLSI-Efficient Algorithms and Architectures for Real-Time Face Recognition in Biometric-Based Security Systems
- Smitha K. G., A. P. Vinod. (2009). A low power reconfigurable channel filter using multi-band and masking architecture for channel adaptation in cognitive radio. IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics Communications and Computer Sciences, E92-A(6).
- R. Mahesh, A. P. Vinod. E. M-K. Lai, Amos Omondi. (2009). Filter bank channelizers for multi-standard software defined radio receivers. Journal of Signal Processing Systems for Signal Image and Video Technology, .
- Smitha K. G., A. P. Vinod. (2009). A low complexity reconfigurable multi-stage channel filter architecture for resource-constrained software radio handsets. Journal of Signal Processing Systems for Signal Image and Video Technology, .
- Smitha K. G., A. P. Vinod. (2009). A new low power reconfigurable decimation-interpolation and masking filter based filter architecture for channel adaptation in cognitive radio handsets. Physical Communication, .
- Mengda Lin, A. P. Vinod, See Chong Meng Samson. (2009). A new flexible filter bank for low complexity spectrum sensing in cognitive radios. Journal of Signal Processing Systems for Signal Image and Video Technology, .