|Assoc Prof Lau Sie Ting |
Division of Banking & Finance
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4649
- PhD University of Texas at Arlington 1992
- MBA Clarion University of Pennsylvania 1989
- BS(BusAdmin) Clarion University of Pennsylvania 1987
|Professor Lau is currently Associate Professor of Finance in the Division of Banking and Finance at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. He was the Head of Division from 2005 to 2010 and during this period, the research ranking of the finance division improved tremenously from No. 131 (based on data from 2003 to 2006) in the world to No. 48 (based on data from 2007 to 2010) (source: The UTD World Rankings of Business Schools Based on Research Contribution (in the top 3 finance journals)). Professor Lau currently teaches investments and his current research interests mainly deal with issues relating to investments and the international financial markets. Professor Lau’s research has been published in reputable finance journals including the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of International Money and Finance, Journal of Financial Research, Financial Review, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, and Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting. In addition, he has also published in top journals in other fields, including Management Science, Economics Letters, and Journal of International Business Studies. As of end 2012, based on Google Scholar, his work has been cited more than 600 times. Professor Lau is also an ad-hoc referee to more than 10 finance journals and publishing companies and an advisory committee member (in Finance) for World Scientific Publishing. He is also a council member of the Economic Society of Singapore and an associate editor of the Singapore Economic Review. Professor Lau has been with Nanyang Technological University since 1992. In between, he had also spent a year as Visiting Professor of Finance at the University of Memphis in Tennessee.|
|International Financial Markets|
|Current Projects |
- Analyst Recommendation and Geographic Proximity (SEP)
- Home Bias and Cost of Capital
- Investor Sentiment and Analyst Recommendation
- Mutual Fund Investing in Japan
- LAU Sie Ting, Lilian NG, Bohui ZHANG. (2012). Information Environment and Equity Risk Premium Volatility Around the World. Management Science, 58(7), 1322-1340.
- LAU Sie Ting, Jing YU. (2010). Does Proximity Matter in International Bond Underwriting?. Journal of Banking and Finance, 34(9), 2027-2041.
- LAU Sie Ting, Lilian NG, Bohui ZHANG. (2010). The World Price of Home Bias. Journal of Financial Economics, 97(2), 191-217.
- Vicentiu COVRIG, Sie Ting LAU, Lilian K. NG. (2006). Do Domestic And Foreign Fund Managers Have Similiar Preferences For Stock Characteristics? A Cross-Country Analysis. Journal of International Business Studies, 37, 407-429.
- Kalok CHAN, Allaudeen HAMEED, Sie Ting LAU. (2003). What if Trading Location is Different from Business Location? Evidence from the Jardine Group. The Journal of Finance, 58, 1221-1246.