|Dr. Huang Shell Ying is currently with the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. She obtained both her B.Sc(Eng) in Computing Science with Honours and her PhD from Imperial College, London. Her research interests are in intelligent agents, multi-agent systems, simulation based optimization and intelligent decision support systems. She has been the principle investigator or co-principle investigator for a number of projects funded by Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore, NSTB (now the ASTAR), GINTIC (now the SimTech), PSA International, Jurong Port Pte Ltd, Surbana Consultants, APL and NTU. She has published about 100 publications in books, international journals and international conferences. She was awarded the Minister’s Innovation (Merit) Award by Minister for Transport of Singapore, Mr. Raymond Lim in 2007 for her contribution in the research work in optimization of container port operations.
Xi Guo, Shell Ying Huang. (2012). Dynamic Space and Time Partitioning for Yard Crane Workload Management in Container Terminals. Transportation Science, 46(1), 134-148.
Xi Guo, Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu and Malcolm Yoke Hean Low. (2011). DYNAMIC YARD CRANE DISPATCHING IN CONTAINER TERMINALS WITH PREDICTED VEHICLE ARRIVAL INFORMATION. Advanced Engineering Informatics, 25(3), 472-484.
Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu and Yuxiong He. (2011). ASSESSING CAPACITY AND IMPROVING UTILIZATION OF ANCHORAGES. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, 47E(2), 216-227.
Shell Ying Huang, Huiliang Zhang. (2011). Activity Scheduling for a Robotic Caretaker Agent for the Elderly. International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems , 5(1), 3-23.
Malcolm Yoke Hean Low, Min Zeng, Wen Jing Hsu, Shell Ying Huang, Fan Liu, and Cho Aye Win. (2010). Improving Safety and Stability of Large Containerships in Automated Stowage Planning. IEEE Systems Journal, .
Huang Shell Ying, Guo Xi. (2011). An Improved Least Cost Heuristic for Dynamic Yard Crane Deployment in Container Terminals. the 7th Annual IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering (CASE 2011).
Xi Guo and Shell Ying Huang. (2010). Deciding on Planning Windows by Partitioning Time for Yard Crane Management in Container Terminals. 1st International Conference on Computational Logistics.
Hui Fang, Shell Ying Huang and Wen Jing Hsu. (2010). A Vessel Navigational Behavior Model for Assessing Waterway Capacity. First International Conference on Computational Logistics (ICCL).
Xi Guo, Shell Ying Huang. (2010). A Two Stage Yard Crane Workload Partitioning and Job Sequencing Algorithm for Container Terminals. 25th Symposium on Applied Computing.
Xi Guo, Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu and Malcolm Yoke Hean Low. (2009). A SIMULATION BASED HYBRID ALGORITHM FOR YARD CRANE DISPATCHING IN CONTAINER TERMINALS. The Winter Simulation Conference 2009.
Xiao Xiantao, Malcolm Yoke Hean Low, Liu Fan, Huang Shell Ying, Hsu Wen Jing, Li Zhengping. (2009). An efficient block-based heuristic method for stowage planning of large containerships with crane split consideration. International Conference on Harbour, Maritime & Multimodal Logistics Modelling & Simulation.
Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu, Yuxiong He, Tiancheng Song, Charles De Souza, Rong Ye, Chuanyu Chen, Stuti Nautiyal. (2009). Anchorage Capacity Analysis Using Simulation. The International Conference on Harbor, Maritime & Multimodal Logistics Modelling and Simulation.
Umair Rafique and Shell Ying Huang, 2009, A New Action Description Scheme for Informal Reasoning, The 2009 International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, United States, pp. 8 (Accepted for presentation)
Xi Guo, Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu and Malcolm Yoke Hean Low, 2009, Simulation-Based Dynamic Partitioning of Yard Crane Workload for Container Terminal Operations, 42nd Annual Simulation Symposium, San Diego, CA, USA, United States
- An AutoStow Optimisation System for Large Containerships
- Human-like intelligent agents
- Improving Communication, Synchronization and Coordination among Subsystems for Coherent Real Time Management of Container Terminal Operations
- Technological Foundation for Optimization of Container Terminal Operations based on Distributed and Dynamic Data Driven Simulation
- Shell Ying Huang and Xi Guo. (2013). SIGSIM-PADS’13: Reducing Simulation Costs of Embedded Simulation in Yard Crane Dispatching in Container Terminals. SIGSIM-PADS’13Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Shell Ying Huang, Wen Jing Hsu, Hui Fang and Tiancheng Song. (2013). SIGSIM-PADS’13: A Marine Traffic Simulation System for Hub Ports. SIGSIM-PADS’13Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Li Qin Song and Shell Ying Huang. (2013). A Hybrid Metaheuristic Method for Dispatching Automated Guided Vehicles in Container Terminals. IEEE Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence 2013.
- Shell Ying Huang, Xi Guo, Wen Jing Hsu and Wei Lin Lim. (2012). EMBEDDING SIMULATION IN YARD CRANE DISPATCHING TO MINIMIZE JOB TARDINESS IN CONTAINER TERMINALS. The 2012 Winter Simulation Conference.
- Shell Ying Huang, Xi Guo, Wen Jing Hsu and Wei Lin Lim. (2012). Yard Crane Dispatching to Minimize Job Tardiness in Container Terminals. The 2012 International Conference on Logistics and Maritime Systems.