|Prof Sritharan's research expertise are in the areas of experimental processing and characterization of ceramics and metallics with focus on (a) multiferroic ceramic thin films, (b) barrier layers and inerface phenomena, and (c) nanostructured magnetic materials. His current projects are in the development of mutliferroic materials with magnetoelectric coupling for applications in spintronics, Ru-based diffusion barrier layers for Cu metallization, interface interactions in electronic packages, and the effects of nanostructure on the magnetic properties.|
- Application of Nano-Materials
- CARBON NANOTUBE GRAFTING ON CARBON FIBRES TO IMPROVE INTERFACE STRENGTH OF COMPOSITES AND OTHER FUNCTIONAL APPLICATIONS
- Development of Multiferroic Material for New Synergistic Applications
- SinBeRISE Subproject 1 - Singapore-Berkeley Research Initiative for Sustainable Energy
- SinBeRISE Subproject 3 - Photovoltaic Device
- R Amini, H Shokrollahi, E Salahinejad , MJ Hadianford, , M Marasi, T Sritharan. (2009). Microstructural, thermal and magnetic properties of amorphous/nanocrystalline FeCrMnN alloys prepared by mechanical alloying and subsequent heat treatment. J. Alloys & Comp, 480, 617-624.
- Sritharan T , Li YB , Xu C , Zhang S. (2008). Oxidation of Al-Au intermetallics and its consequences studied by x-ray photoelectron spectroscopy. Journal of Materials Research, 23, 1371-1382.
- Xu, C; Sritharan, T; Mhaisalkar, SG. (2007). Thin film aluminum-gold interface interactions. Scripta Materialia, 56, 549-552.
- Martina Damayanti, Thirumany Sritharan, Subodh Gautam Mhaisalkar, Gan Zhenghao. (2006). Effects of dissolved nitrogen in improving barrier properties of ruthenium. Applied Physics Letters, 88(4), 044101.
- Zuo Biao, Thirumany Sritharan. (2005). Ordering and grain growth in nanocrystalline Fe75Si25 alloy. Acta Materialia, 53(4), 1233-1239.