|Assoc Prof Stephen John Turner joined Nanyang Technological University (Singapore) in 1999 and is Director of the Parallel and Distributed Computing Centre in the School of Computer Engineering. Previously, he was a Senior Lecturer in Computer Science at Exeter University (UK). He received his MA in Mathematics and Computer Science from Cambridge University (UK) and his MSc and PhD in Computer Science from Manchester University (UK). His current research interests include parallel and distributed simulation, distributed virtual environments, high performance computing, grid computing, and multi-agent systems. He is steering committee chair of the ACM/IEEE/SCS Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation (PADS) conference and advisory committee member of the IEEE Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT) symposium. He is an area editor for ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation (TOMACS) and a member of the editorial board of the UK OR Society Journal of Simulation. He has published over 200 refereed papers in high quality journals and international conferences.|
|Assoc Prof Stephen John Turner's areas of expertise are Computer Science and Engineering, Info-Communication Technology, and Internet & Communications. His current research interests include parallel and distributed simulation, distributed virtual environments, high performance computing, grid computing, and multi-agent systems.|
- Computing Real-World Phenomena with Dynamically Changing Complex Networks (DynaNets)
- DEPATHSS: Dynamic Egress PlAnning ThrougH valid Symbiotic Simulation.
- Joint Research (Virtual) Lab on Emerging Hybrid High Performance Computing Techniques
- Software Optimization of High Preformance Computing Code for Heterogeneous Multicore Platforms
- Heiko Aydt, Stephen John Turner, Wentong Cai and Malcolm Yoke Hean Low. (2009). An Agent-Based Generic Framework for Symbiotic Simulation SystemsAgents, Simulation and Applications..
- Ke Pan, Stephen J Turner, Wentong Cai, and Zengxiang Li. (2009). Design and Performance Evaluation of a Service Oriented HLA RTI on the GridGrid Computing: Infrastructure, Service, and Application..
- D. Chen, S.J. Turner, W. Cai, M. Xiong. (2008). A Decoupled Federate Architecture for High Level Architecture-based Distributed Simulation. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 68(11), 1487-1503.
- D. Chen, S.J. Turner, and W. Cai. (2008). Towards fault-tolerant HLA-based Distributed Simulations. Simulation: Transactions of the Society for Modeling and Simulation International, 84(10/11), 493-509.
- P. Lendermann*, S.J. Turner, M.Y.H.Low, B. P. Gan*, N. Julka*, L. P. Chan*, W.T.Cai, L. H. Lee*, E. P. Chew*, S. Y. Teng*, L. F. McGinnis*. (2007). An Integrated and Adaptive Decision-Support Framework for High-Tech Manufacturing and Service Networks. Journal of Simulation, 1(2), 69-79.