|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Khoo Soo Guan, Christopher
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: WKWSCI 05-05
- PhD Syracuse University 1995
- MSc University of Illinois 1988
- BA Harvard University 1982
|Chris Khoo is an associate professor in the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication & Information, Division of Information Studies at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, where he teaches courses in knowledge organization, information architecture, data mining and Web-based information systems. He obtained his PhD at Syracuse University in 1997, his MSc in Library & Information Science at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign in 1987, and a BA from Harvard University. He has also worked for several years as a science reference librarian, cataloger and online information searcher at the National University of Singapore Libraries. His main research interests are in knowledge organization, ontologies, automatic sentiment categorization, human categorization behavior, natural language processing, information extraction, multidocument summarization, and clinical decision support systems.|
|Chris Khoo's current research projects are:
- Digital intelligence (WKWSCI Academic Research Cluster funding)
- Automatic multidocument summarization of research articles
- Autmatic extraction of treatment information from a medical database
- Automatic sentiment analysis of multiple Web genres
- Human categorization behaviour
- Integrated clinical decision support system for wound care management
- Knowledge organization of websites, portals & learning object repositories
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2013-2017)
- MOE Tertiary Education Research Fund (2016-)
- Evidence-Based Teaching of Literature Review Writing
- Modelling Clinician Interaction With a Clinical Decision Support System for Wound Management and Early Recognition of Deteriorating Patients
- Khoo, Christopher and Brendan Luyt, Caroline Ee, Jamila Osman, Hui-Hui Lim and Sally Yong. (2007). How users organize electronic files on their workstations in the office environment: a preliminary study of personal information organization behaviour. Information Research, 12(2), paper 293 [Available at http://InformationR.net/ir.
- Wang, Z; Chaudhry, Abdus Sattar; and Khoo, Chris. (2007). Potential and prospects of taxonomies for content organization. Knowledge Organisation, 33(3), 160-169.
- Khoo, C., and Na, J. C. (2006). Semantic Relations in Information Science. Annual Review of Information Science and Technology, 40, 157-228.
- Khoo, C., Dai, Y., & Loh, T.E. (2002). Using statistical and contextual information to identify two- and three-character words in Chinese text. American Society for Information Science and Technology. Journal, 53, 365-377.
- Khoo, C., Ng, K., & Ou, S. (2002). Proceedings of the Seventh International ISKO Conference: An exploratory study of human clustering of Web pages. (pp. 351-357)Wurzburg, Germany: Ergon-Verlag.