|Dr. Mian Shaheen Majid is Associate Professor at the Division of Information Studies, Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He is Programme Director for MSc (Knowledge Management) programme. He is also Director of Asian Communication Resource Centre (ACRC) located in NTU. He did his MSc (Botany) from the University of the Punjab (Pakistan), MLIS from the University of Western Ontario (Canada), and PhD from City University, London (UK). He is Associate Editor of Singapore Journal of Library & Information Management. He is on the editorial boards of 6 prestigious journals. He has written over 55 articles in reputable refereed journals and presented more than 40 papers in international conferences. He has provided consultancy services in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam and Pakistan.|
- Information Literacy
- The Role of Information Literacy in Environmental Scanning as a Strategic Information System
- Majid, S., Foo, S., Zhang, X., Mokhtar, I. A., Luyt, B., Chang, Y.K. & Theng, Y.L. (2013). Nurses’ information use and literature searching skills for evidence based practices. Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science, 18(1), 67-78.
- Foo, S., Zhang, X., Chang, Y., Majid, S., Mokhtar, I. A., Sin, S.-C. J., & Theng, Y. L. (2013). Information Literacy Skills of Humanities, Arts and Social Science Tertiary Students in Singapore. Reference and User Services Quarterly, .
- Majid, S. & Rahmat, N.A. (2013). Information Needs and Seeking Behavior during H1N1 Virus Outbreak. Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice, 1(1), 42-52.
- Yip, W.K., Siti-Zubaidah, M., Shen, L., Ang, E.N.K., Zhang, X. & Majid, S. (2013). Nurses’ Perceptions towards Evidence-based Practice: A Descriptive Study. Singapore Nursing Journal, 40(1), 34-41.
- Chang, Y. K., Zhang, X., Majid, S., Foo, S., Mokhtar, I. A. and Theng, Y. -L. (2013). A Comprehensive Model of Information Literacy. Pre-IFLA Satellite Meeting, Information Literacy and Reference Services.