|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Mian Shaheen Majid
Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
College of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
Office: WKWSCI 03-14
- PhD City University, London 2000
- MLIS University of Western Ontario 1988
- MSc(Botany) University of the Punjab 1974
- BSc University of the Punjab 1972
|Dr. Mian Shaheen Majid is Associate Professor at the Division of Information Studies, Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He is Programme Director for MSc (Knowledge Management) programme. He is also Director of Asian Communication Resource Centre (ACRC) located in NTU. He did his MSc (Botany) from the University of the Punjab (Pakistan), MLIS from the University of Western Ontario (Canada), and PhD from City University, London (UK). He is Associate Editor of Singapore Journal of Library & Information Management. He is on the editorial boards of 6 prestigious journals. He has written over 55 articles in reputable refereed journals and presented more than 40 papers in international conferences. He has provided consultancy services in Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam and Pakistan.|
|Associate Professor Mian Shaheen Majid's areas of interest include: Information management, environment intelligence, information literacy, information and knowledge sharing, and information needs and information seeking patterns.|
- Information Literacy
- Modelling Information Behaviour of Patients with Chronical Illness: Diabetes and Chronic Heart Conditions
- Majid, S.(2018). Information Management. Information Education: Imperatives of the Digital EnvironmentGermany: Noor Publishing.
- Majid, S.(2018). Database Searching and Information Discovery. Information Education: Imperatives of the Digital EnvironmentGermany: Noor Publishing.
- Chaudhry, A.S., Rehman, S. and Majid, S. (2018). Information Education: Imperatives of the Digital Environment. Noor Publishing.
- Majid, S.(2018). Developing a Collection of E-books. Information Education: Imperatives of the Digital EnvironmentGermany: Noor Publishing.
- Foo, S., Majid, S. and Chang, Y.K. (2017). Assessing Information Literacy Skills among Young Information Age Students in Singapore. Aslib Journal of Information Management, 69(3).
« Back to Research Directory