|Assoc Prof A S Madhukumar|
Division of Networks & Distributed Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6272
- PhD Indian Institude of Technology, Madras 1993
- MTech Cochin Univ of Science & Technology 1990
- BTech(Distn) University of Kerala 1987
|A S Madhukumar received his B. Tech degree from College of Engineering, Trivandrum, India, M. Tech from Cochin University of Science and Technology, India and Ph D from Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India. He is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore where he holds the position of Deputy Director, Network Technology Research Centre since 2004.
He was involved in communications and signal processing research at Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (formally known as Electronics R&D Centre), Govt. of India and Institute for Infocomm Research (formally known as Centre for Wireless Communications), Singapore. His research interests are in the areas of new modulation and multiple access schemes, communication algorithms, reconfigurable radio systems, ultra wideband radio and digital signal processing. He is involved in a number of funded research projects, many international conferences related to communication systems, and a permanent reviewer for many internationally reputed journals and conferences. He has published over 130 referred international conference and journal papers. Dr. Madhukumar is a senior member of IEEE.
|Modulation and multiple access schemes for future broadband systems
Advanced signal processing algorithms for wireless communication systems
Cognitive radio systems: algorithms and architectures
Cooperative Radio Systems for Mobile multi-hop networks
Ultra wideband radio systems for wireless personal area networks
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2011-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2009-)
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- Advanced Baseband Alogorithms and Low Power Implementations for Wireless Communications
- Algorithms for Scalable Cooperative Communication of Multi-hop Relay Networks in a Distributed Environment
- Intelligent Cellular Network (InCell): A Two-Tier Cellular Architecture with Robust Interference Capability and Optimal Resource Management Policy
- Project Striker-Modeling of under water Acoustic signal and noise fields and techniques for detection and localization of weak sources in shallow ocean
- Small Cells : A Cost and Energy Efficient Solution for Capacity Crunch
- Spectrum Sensing and Resource management for Cognitive Radio Applications
- A S Madhukumar, K Yang, F Chin, A B Premkumar. (2009). Decision Feedback Data Detection in Frequency Domain for Single Carrier Cyclic Prefix Assisted CDMA Systems: A Sequential Quadratic Programming Approach. Digital Signal Processing, 19(4), 678-692.
- X Peng, AS Madhukumar, F Chin, TT Tjhung. (2009). Block Spreading CDMA: A Simple Structure using Despreading before Equalization for Broadband Uplink Transmission. IET Communications, 3(4), 666-676.
- S Majhi, AS Madhukumar, AB Premkumar. (2008). Combining OOK with PSM Modulation for Simple Transceiver of Orthogonal Pulse Based TH-UWB Systems. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, .
- S.D.Tio; A.S.Premkumar; A.B.Premkumar. (2008). MIMO bock spread CDMA systems for broadband wireless communications. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 7(6), 1987-1992.
- E Kurniawan*, A.S.Madhukumar, F. Chin*. (2007). Antenna Selection Technique for MIMO-OFDM Systems over Frequency Selective Rayleigh Fading Channel. IEE Proceedings-Communications, .