|Asst Prof Kang Soon Lee, Eugene |
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5667
- PhD Texas A&M University 2005
- BAcc(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 1994
|Eugene is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Strategy, Management & Organization (SMO) at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University. He received his PhD from the Mays Business School, with a major in Strategic Management and minors in International Business and Sociology. |
Eugene is an alumni of Nanyang Technological University with a first class honors degree in Accounting. He currently teaches Strategic Management and was nominated the Teacher of the Year (Business) at the Nanyang Business School in 2010. He also received the Research Excellence Award (SMO) in 2011.
Prior to joining NTU, Eugene was an Assistant Head at the Singapore Economic Development Board. He was also a Systems Analyst at Esso Singapore Pte Ltd and an Auditor at Ernst & Young.
|Eugene's primary research interests are in the areas of corporate governance, inter-firm ties, and the governance of family firms. He adopts an interdisciplinary perspective in his research topics and has published in journals of various disciplines. His papers have also been presented at international management conferences organized by the Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society and Academy of International Business.|
|Research Grant |
- RCC (2008-) [by School Research Fund]
|Current Projects |
- Management Practices and Investors' Reactions of SGX-Listed Firms
- Stigma by Association: The Implications of Common Industry Membership
- Chintakananda, Asda; Kang, Eugene & Chiu, Shih-Chi. (2013). Firm IPOs with Government Ownership and Signaling: The Role of Family and Directorship Association. SMS 33rd Annual International Conference.
- Kang, Eugene & Kroll, Mark. (2013). Deciding Who Will Rule: Examining the Influence of Outside Non-Core Directors on Executive Entrenchment. Organization Science, (Forthcoming).
- Kang, Eugene; Zardkoohi, Asghar; Paetzold, Ramona L. & Fraser, Donald. (2013). Relationship Banking and Escalating Commitments to Bad Loans. Small Business Economics: An Entrepreneurship Journal, 40(4), 899-910.
- Eugene Kang. (2013). Government ownership and its association with firm market-based performance, NTU FYP.
- Eugene Kang. (2013). Influence of government ownership on IPO performance in Singapore, NTU FYP.