|Asst Prof Kang Soon Lee, Eugene |
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5667
- PhD Texas A&M University 2005
- BAcc(Hons) Nanyang Technological University 1994
|Eugene holds a Ph.D. (Management) from the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University. He also holds a First Class Honors degree in Accounting from the Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. Prior to joining NTU, Eugene was an Assistant Head at the Singapore Economic Development Board. He was also a Systems Analyst at Esso Singapore Pte Ltd and an Auditor at Ernst & Young.|
|Eugene's research interests are in the areas of corporate governance, inter-firm ties, and family firms / entrepreneurship. He adopts an interdisciplinary perspective in his research topics and has published in management, finance, accounting, and economics journals such as Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, Journal of Business Research, Corporate Governance: An International Review, Small Business Economics: An Entrepreneurship Journal, and Multinational Business Review.|
|Research Grant |
- RCC (2008-) [by School Research Fund]
|Current Projects |
- Management Practices and Investors' Reactions of SGX-Listed Firms
- Stigma by Association: The Implications of Common Industry Membership
- Kang, Eugene; Zardkoohi, Asghar; Paetzold, Ramona L. & Fraser, Donald. (2013). Relationship Banking and Escalating Commitments to Bad Loans. Small Business Economics: An Entrepreneurship Journal, 40(4), 899-910.
- Eugene Kang. (2013). Government ownership and its association with firm market-based performance, NTU FYP.
- Eugene Kang. (2013). Influence of government ownership on IPO performance in Singapore, NTU FYP.
- Eugene Kang. (2013). The influences of government-linked directors on a firm's accounting performance, NTU FYP.
- Kang, Eugene. (2012). It's Not Just About Director Independence, Ability Matters Too: The Governance of Foreign Firms Listed on SGX.The Directors' Bulletin, 6, 20-22.