|Assoc Prof (Adj) Karl Wolfgang Mueller-Wittig|
Adjunct Associate Professor
Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6988
- Dr-Ing Darmstadt Technical University 2000
- Dipl-Inform Darmstadt Technical University 1994
|Associate Professor Dr. Wolfgang Mueller-Wittig is the Director of the Centre for Advanced Media Technology (CAMTech) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU) since January 2001. He is also an Associate Professor at the NTU School of Computer Engineering.
Current research foci include the application of highly interactive three-dimensional computer graphics for manufacturing, engineering, edutainment, and cultural heritage. Dr. Mueller-Wittig received his university degree (Dipl.-Inform.) as well as his doctoral degree (Dr.-Ing.) in Computer Science from Darmstadt University of Technology (Germany). He has authored more than ninety technical publications, covering a variety of subjects such as real time rendering, Virtual and Augmented Reality, digital heritage, advanced technologies in computer-assisted surgery, and GPGPU. Dr. Mueller-Wittig is also a member of various societies such as the IEEE Computer Society, Eurographics, ACM SIGGRAPH Singapore, Asian Media Information & Communication Centre (AMIC), International Society of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery, and Singaporean-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Singapore.
CAMTech is a joint venture between the Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics (Fraunhofer-IGD), Darmstadt (Germany), and Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. The centre's mission is to conduct applied research and to transfer innovative technology to the industry.
|Associate Professor Dr. Wolfgang Mueller-Wittig areas of expertise are computer graphics, real time rendering, Virtual & Augmented Reality, and GPGPU. Current research work focus on the use of GPU for high performance computational biology (e.g., bio-sequence alignment). He is also involved in the SMART-CENSAM (Centre for Environmental Sensing and Modeling) project and responsible for the development of a visualization platform for interactive evaluation and exploration of dynamic environmental models. Further research include cultural heritage (e.g., Virtual Peranakan) and the generation of new learning environments using interactive & digital media (e.g., Augmented Reality Chinese Language Learning Game, Virtual NanoTechZoo, Augmented Physics Lab).|
|Research Grant |
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2011-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Interactive Mixed Reality Rehabilitation System
- Weiguo Liu, Bertil Schmidt, Wolfgang Müller-Wittig. (2011). CUDA-BLASTP: Accelerating BLASTP on CUDA-Enabled Graphics Hardware. IEEE-ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, .
- H. Shi, B. Schmidt, W. Liu, W. Mueller-Wittig. (2010). Quality-Score Guided Error Correction for Short-Read Sequencing Data using CUDA. The International Conference on Computational Science 2010 (ICCS 2010).
- H. Shi, B. Schmidt, W. Liu, W. Mueller-Wittig. (2010). A Parallel Algorithm for Error Correction in High-Throughput Short-Read Data on CUDA-enabled Graphics Hardware. Journal of Computational Biology, 17(4), 603-615.
- H. Shi B. Schmidt, W. Liu, K. Mueller-Wittig. (2009). Accelerating Error Correction in High-Throughput Short-Read DNA Sequencing Data with CUDA. IPDPS 2009.
- H. Zhang, B. Schmidt, W. Mueller-Wittig. (2008). Accelerating BLASTP on the Cell Broadband Engine. PRIB 2008.