|Assoc Prof (Adj) Karl Wolfgang Mueller-Wittig|
Co-Director, Fraunhofer IDM Centre@NTU
Adjunct Associate Professor
Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6988
- Dr-Ing Darmstadt Technical University 2000
- Dipl-Inform Darmstadt Technical University 1994
|Associate Professor Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Müller-Wittig is the Director of the Fraunhofer Project Centre for Interactive Digital Media at Nanyang Technological University Singapore (Fraunhofer IDM@NTU) and Adjunct Associate Professor at the NTU School of Computer Engineering since 2001. Prior to that, he worked as head of the “Visualisation Group” at Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Research in Germany (Fraunhofer IGD). He received his PhD from the Technische Universitaet Darmstadt. |
He is a successful researcher in the field of Computer Graphics for more than 20 years demonstrated by more than 100 research papers published in international journals and conferences. He is responsible for the development of various industry-related applications using new visualization, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality technologies. Current research foci include the application of Visual Computing for science, engineering and education.
Wolfgang Müller-Wittig serves as member of several Advisory Committees for government and academia. Further to this, he is member of various societies such as the IEEE Computer Society, Eurographics, the German Informatics Society (GI), the Singaporean-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Singapore, the European Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, the Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry and the Singapore Biophysical Society.
|Associate Professor Dr. Wolfgang Mueller-Wittig areas of expertise are computer graphics, real time rendering, Virtual & Augmented Reality, and GPGPU. Current research work focus on the use of GPU for high performance computational biology (e.g., bio-sequence alignment). He is also involved in the SMART-CENSAM (Centre for Environmental Sensing and Modeling) project and responsible for the development of a visualization platform for interactive evaluation and exploration of dynamic environmental models. Further research include cultural heritage (e.g., Virtual Peranakan) and the generation of new learning environments using interactive & digital media (e.g., Augmented Reality Chinese Language Learning Game, Virtual NanoTechZoo, Augmented Physics Lab).|
|Research Grant |
- NTU Internal Funding - College of Engineering (2011-2013) [by Nanyang Technological University]
|Current Projects |
- Interactive Mixed Reality Rehabilitation System
- Weiguo Liu, Bertil Schmidt, Wolfgang Müller-Wittig. (2011). CUDA-BLASTP: Accelerating BLASTP on CUDA-Enabled Graphics Hardware. IEEE-ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, .
- H. Shi, B. Schmidt, W. Liu, W. Mueller-Wittig. (2010). Quality-Score Guided Error Correction for Short-Read Sequencing Data using CUDA. The International Conference on Computational Science 2010 (ICCS 2010).
- H. Shi, B. Schmidt, W. Liu, W. Mueller-Wittig. (2010). A Parallel Algorithm for Error Correction in High-Throughput Short-Read Data on CUDA-enabled Graphics Hardware. Journal of Computational Biology, 17(4), 603-615.
- H. Shi B. Schmidt, W. Liu, K. Mueller-Wittig. (2009). Accelerating Error Correction in High-Throughput Short-Read DNA Sequencing Data with CUDA. IPDPS 2009.
- H. Zhang, B. Schmidt, W. Mueller-Wittig. (2008). Accelerating BLASTP on the Cell Broadband Engine. PRIB 2008.