|Assoc Prof Zheng Jianmin|
Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6257
- PhD Zhejiang University 1992
- BS Zhejiang University 1986
|Dr Jianmin Zheng is a tenured associate professor in the School of Computer Engineering of Nanyang Technological University. He received his Bachelor degree and Ph.D. degree from Zhejiang University. His research interests include computer aided geometric design, computer graphics, geometric modeling, CAD, Visualization, and interactive digital media. He has done significant research work in his research areas (such as T-spline technology, subdivision surfaces, rational geometric continuity, surface/surface intersection, curve/surface implicitization, and digital media processing algorithms) and published over 100 papers in international journals and conferences including ACM SIGGRAPH, ACM Transactions on Graphics, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing. He has served as a program committee member for many international conferences (for example, ACM SIGGRAPH Asia 2008). Dr Zheng is an associate editor of The Visual Computer.|
|Dr Zheng's areas of expertise are computer aided geometric design and computer graphics. His current research work focuses on T-splines, subdivision surfaces, interactive digital media processing, and sketch-based modeling.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2009-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 2 (2012-)
|Current Projects |
- A Comprehensive Study on 3D Tile-based Geometric Modeling
- Advanced Analysis, Construction and Algorithms for T-splines
- Intelligent and Interactive Simulation for Industrial Heavy Lifting
- Intelligent and Interactive Simulation for Industrial Heavy Lifting - Phase 2
- Intelligent and Interactive Simulation for Industrial Heavy Lifting- Phase 1
- J.Zhang, J.Zheng, C.Wu, J.Cai. (2012). Variational mesh decomposition. ACM Transactions on Graphics, 31(3), 21.
- J.Zhang, J.Zheng, J.Cai. (2011). Interactive mesh cutting using constrained random walks. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 17(3), 357-367.
- W Yang, J Zheng, J Cai, S Rahardja, C Chen. (2009). Natural and Seamless Image Composition with Color Control. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 18(11).
- J.Zheng, Y.Cai. (2006). Interpolation Over Arbitrary Topology Meshes Using a Two-Phase Subdivision Scheme. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, 12(3), 301-310.
- T Sederberg, J. Zheng, A Bakenov, A Nasri. (2003). T-splines and T-NURCCs. ACM Transactions on Graphics, 22(3), 477-484.