|Assoc Prof Cai Jianfei|
Head, Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6150
- PhD University of Missouri-Columbia 2002
- MS Southeast University 1997
- BS Nanjing U of Aeronautics & Astronautics 1994
|Jianfei received his PhD degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2002. Currently, he is an Associate Professor with the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His major research interests include digital media processing, multimedia compression, communications and networking technologies. He has published over 80 technical papers in international conferences and journals. He has been actively participated in program committees of various conferences, and he is the track co-chair for IEEE ICME 2006 & ICME 2008, the technical program co-chair for Multimedia Modeling (MMM) 2007 and the conference co-chair for Multimedia on Mobile Devices 2007. He is also an Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (T-CSVT).|
|Jianfei's major research interests include digital media processing, multimedia compression, communications and networking technologies. Currently, he focuses on the cross-discipline research among the areas of multimedia, computer graphics, computer vision and networking technologies.|
|Research Grant |
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2009-)
|Current Projects |
- Cost-Optimal Mobile Computing in the Cloud
- Cross-Layer Design for Video Streaming over Wireless Mesh Networks
- Network Coding Based Routing Using Fountain Codes for MANETS
- W. Guan, J. Cai, J. Zheng and C. W. Chen. (2008). Segmentation based View-Dependent 3D Graphics Model Transmission. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 10(5), 724-734.
- C.H.Foh, Y. Zhang*, Z. Ni*, J.F.Cai, K. N. Ngan*. (2007). Optimized Cross-Layer Design for Scalable Video Transmission over the IEEE 802.11e Networks. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 17(12), 1665-1678.
- D. Tao*, J.F.Cai, H. Yi*, R.Deepu, L.T.Chia, K. N. Ngan*. (2006). Dynamic Programming Based Reverse Frame Selection for VBR Video Delivery under Constrained Resources. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, .
- Z.H.He*, J.F.Cai, C.W.Chen*. (2002). Joint source-channel rate-distortion analysis for adaptive mode selection and rate control in wireless video coding. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 12(6), 511-523.
- J.F.Cai, C.W.Chen*. (2000). Robust joint source-channel coding for image transmission over wireless channels. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 10(6), 962-966.