|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Goh Hoe Lian, Dion
Associate Professor, Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information
|Dion Goh is currently Associate Professor with Nanyang Technological University where is also the Associate Chair for Graduate Studies and the Director of the Master of Science in Information Systems program at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information.
He has extensive experience in the areas of social media practices and perceptions, gamification techniques for shaping user perceptions and motivating behavior, and mobile information sharing and seeking. His work has been widely published in international journals and conference proceedings in these areas. Dion has been involved in several funded projects in varying capacities as principal investigator, co-investigator and collaborator. His latest projects involve the design and evaluation of human computation games, as well as serious games for health and education.
|Dion Goh has extensive experience in the areas of social media practices and perceptions, gamification techniques for shaping user perceptions and motivating behavior, and mobile information sharing and seeking.|
- A Baseline, Cross-Sectional and Intervention Study Investigating Individual, Cultural and Organisational Factors Influencing Ownership of Workplace Health and Safety Leading to a Mindset Change and Actions.
- A Crowdsourcing Approach to Building a Smart City
- An interactive web-based game for helping angry children and youth
- Harnessing the Virality of Rumors to Spread Facts
- Human Computation Games for Discovering Social Media Content
- Immersive Location-based Services: Impacts & Implications
- Investigating the influence of enjoyment on physical activity in a gamified mobile application
- Marge: Layering gaming interactions in mobile content sharing environments
- Social problem-solving skills gaming for children
- EPP Pe-Than, DHL Goh, CS Lee. (2017). Motivational Difference Across Gameplay Mechanics: An Investigation in Crowdsourcing Mobile Content. International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries (pp. 185-196)Springer, Cham.
- X Wang, DHL Goh. (2017). Video Game Acceptance: A Meta-Analysis of the Extended Technology Acceptance Model. Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Social Networking, 20(11), 662-671.
- A Pal, A Pal, AYK Chua, AYK Chua, DHL Goh, DHL Goh. (2017). Does KFC sell rat? Analysis of tweets in the wake of a rumor outbreak. Aslib Journal of Information Management, 69(6), 660-673.
- DHL Goh, AYK Chua, H Shi, W Wei, H Wang, EP Lim. (2017). An Analysis of Rumor and Counter-Rumor Messages in Social Media. International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries (pp. 256-266)Springer, Cham.
- CS Lee, H Osop, DHL Goh, G Kelni. (2017). Making sense of comments on YouTube educational videos: a self-directed learning perspective. Online Information Review, 41(5), 611-625.
« Back to Research Directory