|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Lin Feng
Associate Professor, School of Computer Science and Engineering
|Dr Lin Feng is currently an Associate Professor, the Director of Bioinfomatics Research Centre and the Programme Director of MSc (Digital Media Technology) at School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He has worked for more than 28 funded research projects since joining NTU and has published more than 250 technical papers including journals of high impact factors, edited books and chapters, and peer-reviewed conference proceedings; he has been serving Editorial Board, Guest Editor / Reviewer for tens of journals and books; and he has won 7 prestigious research awards, including the “National Science and Technology Advance Award (Second Class)” by Chinese State Council. He is a Senior Member of IEEE.|
|Dr Lin's research interest includes biomedical informatics, biomedical imaging and visualization, computer graphics, and high-performance computing. Currently active funded projects include: AcRF - Nonrigid graphics shaders for GPU, AcRF - Physiologically-Based Modelling and Visualization of a Beating Heart, AcRF - Properties and Interactions of Functional Modules of the Human Brain Across the Life Span, AcRF - Computational Optical Precision Measurement, AcRF - Elucidate Novel Roles of Unliganded Progesterone Receptor in Breast Cancer, National Science Foundation - Size Detector of Bio-nanoparticles Integratable to Microfluidics, AcRF - In Silico Modelling of Ageing and Stem Cell Based Rejuvenation on Waddington’s Epigenetic Landscape. Completed projects include: AcRF - Full Field Optical Measurement for Transient Phenomena, A-Star/BMRC - Creating an In Vivo Navigational Cellular Fluorescence Imaging System with Dynamically Optimized Endomicroscopy, AcRF - Real-time Diagnostic Endomicroscopy, A-Star/SERC - Collaborative Creation and Application of Interactive Digital Media over the Internet, AcRF - Cellular Fluorescence Imaging with Endomicroscopy, AcRF - Dynamically Adaptable Neurocomputer and Its Application to Recognition of Steroid Hormone Response Elements, SingHealth Foundation Development of a Real-time Fluorescence Endoscopy Diagnostic System for the Early Detection of Oral and Bladder Cancers, NTU/BPE Cluster SEED Funding - Gene Expression Profiling with Oligonucleotide Microarray Technology, SCE ER Lab Research Programme Grant DNA Chip Design Programme, BMRC&NMRC Joint Research Fund - Elucidation of Expression Profiles of Genes in Alpha-fetoprotein Positive and Alpha-fetoprotein Negative Hepatocellular Carcinoma by cDNA Microarray Analysis, AcRF - Design and Simulation of Artificial Bone Implantation, NMRC Research Fund -Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: 3D Imaging for Staging and Treatment Planning, AcRF - Design and Development of Bio-medical Devices Using Rapid Prototyping (RP) Techniques, AcRF - Real-time Dynamic Simulation, MOH & Singapore Totalisator Research Fund - Transforming Medical Ultrasound Scanning into 3-Dimensional Real-time Organ Imaging to Aid Clinical Diagnosis.|
- An Immersive Virtual Endomicroscopic Environment - Towards Innovation in Photodynamic Therepy for Mucosal Cnacer
- Computational Optical Precision Measurement: Local or Non-local?
- In Silico Modelling of Ageing and Stem Cell Based Rejunenation on Waddington's Epigenetic Landscape
- Key Techniques for the Statistic Shape Modeling in Anatomical Structure Reconstruction, Segmentation and Registration
- Multi-Model Medical Imaging And Informatics For PACS & RIS
- Nonrigid Graphics Kernels for GPU
- Physiologically-Based Modeling for Anatomical Structures
- Physiologically-Based Modelling and Visualization of a Beating Heart
- Properties and interactions of functional modules of the human brain across the life span
- Jaydeep De, Xiaowei Zhang, Feng Lin, Li Cheng. (2018). Transduction on Directed Graphs via Absorbing Random Walks. IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 40(7), 1770-1784.
- Xiang Xu, Xingkun Wu, Feng Lin. (2017). Cellular Image Classification. Springer International Publishing AG.
- Jianping Cai, Feng Lin, Hock Soon Seah. (2016). Graphical Simulation of Deformable Models. Springer International Publishing Switzerland.
- Kumar A, Lin F, and Rajapakse JC. (2016). Mixed spectrum analysis on fMRI time series. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 35(6), 1555-1564.
- Jaydeep De, Li Cheng, Xiaowei Zhang, Feng Lin, Huiqi Li, Kok Haur Ong, Weimiao Yu, Yuanhong Yu, Sohail Ahmed. (2015). A Graph-theoretical Approach for Tracing Filamentary Structures in Neuronal and Retinal Images. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, DOI: 10.1109/TM(99).