|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Lin Feng
School of Computer Science and Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6184
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 1997
- MEng Zhejiang University 1986
- BEng Zhejiang University 1983
|Dr Lin Feng is currently an Associate Professor, the Director of Bioinfomatics Research Centre and the Programme Director of MSc (Digital Media Technology) at School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He has worked for more than 25 funded research projects since joining NTU and has published more than 210 technical papers including journals of high impact factors, edited books and chapters, and peer-reviewed conference proceedings; he has been serving Editorial Board, Guest Editor / Reviewer for tens of journals and books; and he has won 7 prestigious research awards, including the “National Science and Technology Advance Award (Second Class)” by Chinese State Council. He is a Senior Member of IEEE.|
|Dr Lin's research interest includes biomedical informatics, biomedical imaging and visualization, computer graphics, and high-performance computing. Currently active funded projects include: AcRF - Nonrigid graphics shaders for GPU, AcRF - Physiologically-Based Modelling and Visualization of a Beating Heart, AcRF - Properties and Interactions of Functional Modules of the Human Brain Across the Life Span, AcRF - Computational Optical Precision Measurement, AcRF - Elucidate Novel Roles of Unliganded Progesterone Receptor in Breast Cancer, National Science Foundation - Size Detector of Bio-nanoparticles Integratable to Microfluidics, AcRF - In Silico Modelling of Ageing and Stem Cell Based Rejuvenation on Waddington’s Epigenetic Landscape. Completed projects include: AcRF - Full Field Optical Measurement for Transient Phenomena, A-Star/BMRC - Creating an In Vivo Navigational Cellular Fluorescence Imaging System with Dynamically Optimized Endomicroscopy, AcRF - Real-time Diagnostic Endomicroscopy, A-Star/SERC - Collaborative Creation and Application of Interactive Digital Media over the Internet, AcRF - Cellular Fluorescence Imaging with Endomicroscopy, AcRF - Dynamically Adaptable Neurocomputer and Its Application to Recognition of Steroid Hormone Response Elements, SingHealth Foundation Development of a Real-time Fluorescence Endoscopy Diagnostic System for the Early Detection of Oral and Bladder Cancers, NTU/BPE Cluster SEED Funding - Gene Expression Profiling with Oligonucleotide Microarray Technology, SCE ER Lab Research Programme Grant DNA Chip Design Programme, BMRC&NMRC Joint Research Fund - Elucidation of Expression Profiles of Genes in Alpha-fetoprotein Positive and Alpha-fetoprotein Negative Hepatocellular Carcinoma by cDNA Microarray Analysis, AcRF - Design and Simulation of Artificial Bone Implantation, NMRC Research Fund -Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma: 3D Imaging for Staging and Treatment Planning, AcRF - Design and Development of Bio-medical Devices Using Rapid Prototyping (RP) Techniques, AcRF - Real-time Dynamic Simulation, MOH & Singapore Totalisator Research Fund - Transforming Medical Ultrasound Scanning into 3-Dimensional Real-time Organ Imaging to Aid Clinical Diagnosis.|
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2015-2017)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2017-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- NTU - Rolls-Royce - NRF (2015-) [by NRF, Rolls-Royce & NTU]
- An Immersive Virtual Endomicroscopic Environment - Towards Innovation in Photodynamic Therepy for Mucosal Cnacer
- Computational Optical Precision Measurement: Local or Non-local?
- In Silico Modelling of Ageing and Stem Cell Based Rejunenation on Waddington's Epigenetic Landscape
- Intuitive Visualization of Large Scale Data
- Key Techniques for the Statistic Shape Modeling in Anatomical Structure Reconstruction, Segmentation and Registration
- Multi-Model Medical Imaging And Informatics For PACS & RIS
- Nonrigid Graphics Kernels for GPU
- Physiologically-Based Modeling for Anatomical Structures
- Physiologically-Based Modelling and Visualization of a Beating Heart
- Properties and interactions of functional modules of the human brain across the life span
- Huang He, Li Qing, Fu Jian, Wu James, Lin Feng, Wu Xingkun. (2015). Efficient Subwavelength Focusing of Light with a Long Focal Depth. Nanoscale, DOI: 10.1039/C5(7), 16504-16507.
- Jaydeep De, Li Cheng, Xiaowei Zhang, Feng Lin, Huiqi Li, Kok Haur Ong, Weimiao Yu, Yuanhong Yu, Sohail Ahmed. (2015). A Graph-theoretical Approach for Tracing Filamentary Structures in Neuronal and Retinal Images. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, DOI: 10.1109/TM(99).
- PSP Thong, SS Tandjung, MM Movania, WM Chew M Olivo, R Bhuvaneswari, HS Seah, F Lin, KM Qian, KC Soo. (2012). Toward Real-time Virtual Biopsy of Oral Lesions using Confocal Laser Endomicroscopy Interfaced with Embedded Computing. Journal of Biomedical Optics, 17(5).
- P Thong, M Olivo, S Tandjung, MM Movania, F Lin, K Qian, HS Seah. (2012). Review of Confocal Fluorescence Endomicroscopy for Cancer Detection. IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, 18(4), 1355-1366.
- Han Xu, Lusy Handoko, Xueliang Wei, Chaopeng Ye, Jianpeng Sheng, Chia-Lin Wei, Feng Lin*, Wing-Kin Sung. (2010). A Signal-Noise Model for Significance Analysis of ChIP-seq with Negative Control. Bioinformatics, 26(9), 1199-1204.