|Prof Goh Eck Soong, Angela|
Associate Provost (Faculty Affairs), President's Office
Phone: (+65)6592 2650
Office: ADM 05-04
- PhD Assoc. UMIST University of Manchester 1978
- MSc University of Manchester 1976
- BSc(Hons) University of Manchester 1975
|Professor Angela Goh has assumed the post of Associate Provost (Faculty Affairs) in the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) on 1 July 2011. During her two decades in NTU, she has headed the Division of Software Systems from 1995 to 2002, followed by appointments as Associate Chair (Academic) and Acting Chair in the School of Computer Engineering until 2010.
Professor Goh graduated with first class honours from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology in the department of Computation (now known as the School of Computer Science in the University of Manchester). She was awarded her Master and PhD degrees, at the same university on a British Council scholarship.
Professor Goh’s research interests include the Semantic Web with focus on web service discovery and composition and software agent technology. She has collaborated with researchers in the Singapore Institute of Manufacturing Technology (SIMTech) in various A*Star funded projects. She has published more than 150 journal and conference papers and served on the editorial board of several international journals as well as program committee member of numerous international conferences.
Professor Goh has served the community in a variety of committees including the Infocomm Manpower Council of the Infocomm Authority of Singapore, Advisory Council on Community Relations in Defence (ACCORD), the National IT Standards Committee and the School of InfoComm Technology Advisory Committee, Ngee Ann Polytechnic. Within the university, she has also served as a member of the Pro-tem Advisory Board, Committee on Costs, Disciplinary Inquiry Panel, Scholarship Committees, and various curriculum committees in the College of Engineering.
She is a Fellow of the British Computer Society, a Fellow of the Singapore Computer Society and a member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and Member of IFIP Working Group 3.4 (Vocational Education and Training). In 2000, she received the Standards Council of Singapore Merit Award for significant contributions to the standardisation programme in Singapore. She was also awarded the SPRING (Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board, Singapore) Outstanding Achievement Award in Standardization in 2005. She was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 2006.
|Service Computing and Semantic Web, with particular emphasis on ontologies, web service discovery and composition. Other interests include agent technology and XML.|
- D.N.Le, Q.H.Le, A.Goh. (2009). Comparing Two Ontologies. Int. J. Web Engineering and Technology,, 5(1), 48-68.
- PS Tan, AES Goh, SSG Lee. (2008). A Context Model for B2B Collaborations. (pp. 8).
- D.N.Le*, A.Goh, T.H.Cao*. (2007). A Survey and a Taxonomy of Web Service Discovery Systems. International Journal of Information Technology and Web Engineering, 2(2), 65-80.
- A.Goh, Y.K.Koh*, D.Dragan*. (2001). ECA Rule Based Support for Workflows. Artificial Intelligence in Engineering, 15(1), 37-46.
- C.W.Tan*, A.Goh. (1999). Implementing ECA rules in an Active Database. Knowledge-Based Systems, 12, 137-144.