|Assoc Prof Chng Eng Siong|
Division of Visual & Interactive Computing
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6200
- PhD University of Edinburgh 1996
- BEng(Hons) University of Edinburgh 1991
|Asst Prof Chng Eng Siong graduated with BEng (Hons) (1991) and
PhD from the University of Edinburgh (1996),
UK, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
His PhD thesis was "Applications of nonlinear filters with the
linear in parameter structure".
I have worked in the industry for seven years prior to joining
NTU on Jan 2003. Listing in chronological order: From 1996,
Riken (Japan) as post-doc, I2R (formelly ISS, KRDL in Singapore)
as associate member of technical staff responsible to transfer
Apple's speech recognition engine to ISS, senior researcher
in Lernout and Hauspie and finally as research manager in Knowles
Electronics Singapore responsible to microphone array algorithm
|Specialisations include: speech and signal processing, microphone arrays and pattern classifications.|
|Research Grant |
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2010-)
- Defence Science Organisation National Laboratories (2010-)
- Defence Science and Technology Agency (2008-)
- I2R-NTU Joint R&D (2009-)
- I2R-NTU Joint R&D (2010-2012)
- I2R-NTU Joint R&D (2013-)
- MERLION (2010-)
- MINDEF-NTU Joint Applied R&D Co-operation Programme (JPP) (2011-)
|Current Projects |
- A Microphone Array with A 3-D Configuration for the I2R Social Robot
- A Pilot Study of a Computer Assisted Pronounciation Evaluation (CAPE) system for English Learners in Singapore
- A robust Framework for Data Acquistion, Resourse Management and Configurable Modules in Meeting Environment
- Advanced Research in Automatic Speech Recognition
- Conversational Code-Switch Resource Development, Detection Classifier and Strategy
- Development of Linguistic Resources and LVCSR for South Asia Languages on KALDI platform (DeKALDI)
- Malay Text to Speech Synthesis System
- Project Magor (Project Agreement No. 9011101765)
- Speech Technology Development Programme (Advanced Research in Automatic Speech Recognition)
- Tien-Ping Tan, Xiong Xiao, Enya Kong Tang, Eng Siong Chng, and Haizhou Li. (2009). Oriental COCOSDA 2009: MASS: A Malay Language LVCSR Corpus Resource.
- L Wang, E.S.Chng and H Li. (2009). Proceedings of 2009 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2009): Efficient sparse self-similarity matrix construction for repeating sequence detection.
- X.Xiao, E.S.Chng, and H.Li. (2008). Normalization of the Speech Modulation Spectra for Robust Speech Recognition. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, 16(8), 1662-1674.
- T.H.Nguyen, E.S.Chng and H.Li. (2008). Interspeech 2008 (Sep08), Brisbane, Australia 2008.: T-Test Distance and Clustering Criterion for Speaker Diarization.
- R.Tong, B.Ma, H.Li, and E.S.Chng. (2008). Interspeech 2008: Target-Oriented Phone Selection from Universal Phone Set for Spoken Language Recognition.