|Assoc Prof Miao Chun Yan|
Division of Software & Information Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2003
- MEng(Comp Engrg) Nanyang Technological University 1998
- BS Shandong University 1988
|Dr. Jaclyn, Chunyan Miao is an Assistant Professor in the School of Computer Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Her research focus is on infusing intelligent agents into interactive new media (virtual, mixed, mobile and pervasive media) to create novel experiences and dimensions in game design, interactive narrative and other real world agent systems. She has done significant research work her research areas and published over 30 top quality international conference and journal papers. She believes that intelligence/agent augmentation will have a major impact on future new media systems.|
|Dr. Jaclyn, Chunyan Miao's area of expertise are Agent, Multi-Agent Systems (MAS), Agent Oriented Software Engineering (AOSE), Semantic Web/Grid, Agent Augmented Interactive Media/gaming/storytelling, Agent Mediated e-services?mobile agents for wireless communications. Her current research works focus on infusing intelligent agents into interactive new media (virtual, mixed, mobile and pervasive media) to create novel experiences and dimensions in game design, interactive narrative and other real world agent systems.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Thematic Strategic Research Program - Human Factor Engineering (2007-) [by A*STAR Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC)]
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2006-)
- IDM R&D Programme (2008-)
- IDM R&D Programme (2012-)
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2007-)
- NRF Competitive Research Program (2012-)
- NTU Internal Funding (2011-)
- SMART-NTU Innovation Grant (2011-)
- University Research Committee - Start Up Grant (2004-)
|Current Projects |
- Active LIving For tElderLY (LILY)
- Agent-augmented co-space: Growing cognitive autonomous agents for context-aware personalized experience in co-space
- Cinematics and Narratives - Creating Stories within Real-time Visual Toolsets
- Cinematics and Narratives- Creating Stories Within Real-time Visual Toolsets
- Dynamic Negotiation Agents in Service-Oriented Grid
- Enabling Situated Learning Via Agent Augmented Interactive Games in 3-D Chinese Water Painting World
- Herbalomic : Novel Approach for Fingerprinting and Authentication of Herbal Products
- Intelligent Agent-Augmented Multi-User Virtual Environments: Research into Designs for Learning Environments of the Future
- Interactive Teaching and Learning for Higher Education
- Mobile Intelligent Travel Agent (ING11032-ICT)
- Research Centre of Excellence in Active Living for the Elderly (LiLY)
- Secure Cyberspace Platform for Virtual Sustainable Campus with Real-time Continuum – Phase One
- Serious Immersion and Embodied Learning: Traces of Dinosaurs in Earth System Science
- TIMES: Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic Software System
- Trusted Collaborative Virtual Enterprises
- Virtual Wolrd Based Educational Data MIning For Assesing Students' Learning Skills
- S.F. Lim, Ailiya, C. Miao, and Z. Shen. (2013). The Design of Persuasive Teachable Agent. 13th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (ICALT), 2013.
- S.F. Lim, M. Chan, Ailiya, C. Miao, and Z. Shen. (2013). Persuasive Teachable Agent. ICALT, 2013.
- Qiong Wu, Zhiqi Shen, and Chunyan Miao. (2013). Stimulating Students’ Curiosity with a Companion Agent in Virtual Learning Environments. EdMedia 2013 - World Conference on Educational Media and Technology.
- Q. Wu and C. Miao. (2013). Curiosity: From Psychology to Computation. ACM Computing Survey, .
- Y. Z. Zhao, C. Miao, M. Ma, and Y. Cheng. (2013). A Self-Adaptable Energy-Efficient Medium Access Control Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks. Wireless Personal Communications, 68(4), 1287-1315.