|Assoc Prof Yeo Chai Kiat|
Associate Chair (Academic), School of Computer Engineering
Division of Networks & Distributed Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4929
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2007
- MSc(ElectEng) National University of Singapore 1991
- BEng(Hons) National University of Singapore 1987
|Associate Professor Yeo Chai Kiat is currently in the School of Computer Engineering (SCE). She received her Ph.D. in electrical and electronic engineering from the Nanyang Technological University and her MSc and B.Eng. (1st class honours) in electrical and electronic engineering from National University of Singapore. She has extensive industrial experience before joining Nanyang Technological University (NTU). She has spent six years with Singapore Electronic and Engineering Limited (SEEL), a company now subsumed under Singapore Technologies Engineering, first as an engineer and later held the concurrent position of Assistant Principal Engineering and Deputy Program Manager.
A/P Yeo is currently the Associate Chair (Academic) of the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU). She is also an Adjunct Professor with Osaka University, Graduate School of Information Science and Technology. She was the Sub Dean of School of Applied Science (predecessor of SCE) from Jun 1996 to May 1999. She was Deputy Director of Centre for Multimedia and Network Technolgy (CeMNet) from Jul 2006 until Jun 2008.
A/P Yeo has published over 130 research papers in international journals and conference proceedings in the areas of computer networks, mobile networks, internet technologies, overlay networks and speech processing. She has also directed a number of funded projects in these areas and has an international patent on IP mobility.
|Her research focus is on Heterogeneous and robust MANETs, Pervasive Wireless Access and Seamless Mobile Communication in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, IP Mobility, overlay networks and Peer-to-Peer Systems, Speech Enhancement and Processing.|
|Research Grant |
|Current Projects |
- Android Developer Ecosystem in Singapore
- Pervasive Wireless Access in Ad Hoc Networks
- Seamless VOIP Communication Across Heterogeneous Networks
- Toward self-organized and bio-inspired algorithms for ubiquitous networks
- Translation between IPV4 and IPV6
- Unifying Heterogeneous Wireless Networks for truly Seamless Communications
- T.M. Lim, C.K. Yeo, B.S. Lee, Q.V. Le. (2009). TMSP: Terminal Mobility Support Protocol. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 8(6), 849-863.
- J. Li, C. K. Yeo, B. S. Lee. (2008). IEEE Global Communications Conference (Globecom): Content and Overlay-Aware Transmission Scheduling in Peer-to-Peer Streaming.New Orleans, USA: IEEE.