|Assoc Prof Vun Chan Hua, Nicholas |
Division of Hardware & Embedded Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4873
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2012
- MEngSc Monash University 1989
- BE(Hons) Monash University 1985
|Assoc Prof Nicholas Vun is currently in the School of Computer Engineering since 1991. He received his B.Eng (1st class Honours) and M.Eng.Sci. degrees in Electrical & Computer System Engineering from Electrical Department of Monash University, Australia, and PhD from School of Computer Engineering of NTU. His main research interests include Embedded signal conversion and processing, as well as Embedded System’s design and applications. He has more than 40 publications in conference proceedings and journals. He was awarded NTU's 'Teacher of the Year' award in 1994.
Prior to joining NTU, he worked with Ausmode Power Systems and Exicom Power Systems in Australia as Senior Electronics Design Engineer, specializing in the design of Microprocessor based high power and high frequency switch mode power supply and embedded control systems for telecommunication equipment. While teaching in NTU, he has continue to provide consultation services and conduct courses for the industry in areas of power supply design, embedded control system design and computer system technologies related topics to companies in Malaysia, Singapore, India and Australia.
Nicholas Vun is a registered 'Professional Engineer' with Singapore's Professional Engineers Board, and a Senior Member of IEEE. He is the founding chairman of the IEEE Consumer Electronics Society of Singapore, and served as the General Chairman of the 1997 IEEE International Symposium on Consumer Electronics Conference. He has continue to involve in the various ISCE conferences’ technical committee, and has also held positions as Vice Chair, Treasurer and committee members of the IEEE CE Chapter in Singapore over the years.
|Prof Nicholas Vun's areas of expertise are embedded system design, switch mode power supply, and data acquisition system. His current research works focus on applying embedded signal converter and signal processing based on number theory approach.|
- C.H.Vun; A.B.PremKumar,W.Zhang. (2013). A New RNS based DA Approach For Inner Product Computation,. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I-Regular Papers, (99).
- Vun, C. H.; Premkumar, A.B. (2012). RNS Encoding Based Folding ADC. ISCAS 2012.
- Vun, C. H.; Premkumar, A.B. (2012). Thermometer Code Based Modular Arithmetic. SCET2012.
- N Vun, Y H Ooi. (2010). Implementation of an Android Phone Based Video Streamer. APESER 2010.
- N Vun, M Ansary. (2010). Implementation of an Embedded H.264 Live Video Streaming System. ISCE 2010.