|Assoc Prof Annamalai Benjamin Premkumar |
Division of Networks & Distributed Systems
School of Computer Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 4838
- PhD University of Idaho 1990
- MS North Dakota State University 1983
- BE(Dist.) Indian Institute of Science 1971
- BSc Indian Inst of Science, Bangalore Univ. 1969
|Associate Professor Benjamin Premkumar has been with School of Computer Engineering since 1995. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Physics and Math from Bangalore University (India) and a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical communication Engineering from the Indian Institute of Science (India).
He briefly worked in large communication industry in Bangalore in their Research and Development division before proceeding to the US to earn his M.S. from North Dakota State University. His MS research was in the area of Digital Speech Processing. He taught as a graduate teaching fellow at NDSU. He then went on to obtain his PhD from University of Idaho. His PhD thesis was in the area of Synthetic Aperture Radar Signal Processing, a project funded by NASA.
He has held various teaching positions since 1991 both in the US and Singapore. Currently he is an Associate Professor in the school of Computer Engineering (NTU).
He has over 130 international conference and journal publications in the areas of digital signal processing and number theory.
|His research interests include Digital Signal Processing and its applications in Wireless Communication, Software Defined Radio, Cognitive Radio and Impulse Radio. He also works in the area of multirate signal processing and number theory and its applications to signal analysis.|
|Research Grant |
- A*STAR Science and Engineering Research Council (2011-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2008-)
- Academic Research Fund Tier 1 (2009-)
|Current Projects |
- Algorithms for Scalable Cooperative Communication of Multi-hop Relay Networks in a Distributed Environment
- Intelligent Cellular Network (InCell): A Two-Tier Cellular Architecture with Robust Interference Capability and Optimal Resource Management Policy
- Project Striker-Modeling of under water Acoustic signal and noise fields and techniques for detection and localization of weak sources in shallow ocean
- Robust Modulation Waveform Generation for Cognitive Radio
- S Majhi, AS Madhukumar, AB Premkumar. (2008). Combining OOK with PSM Modulation for Simple Transceiver of Orthogonal Pulse Based TH-UWB Systems. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, .
- Liu Xin*, A.B.Premkumar, A.S.Madhukumar. (2008). Pulse Shaping Functions for UWB Systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, .
- Amos Omandi*, A.B.Premkumar. (2007). Residue Number Systems: Theory and Implementation. Imperial College Press.
- Lin Zhiwei*, A.B.Premkumar, A.S.Madhukumar. (2007). Receive antenna selection for MIMO-SM systems with linear MMSE receivers in the presence of unknown interference. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, .
- L. Zhiwei*, A.B.Premkumar, A.S.Madhukumar. (2006). Least Squares based Receive Antenna Selection for MIMO Spatial Multiplexing Systems with Linear Receivers. IEEE Communications Letters, 10(4), 254-256.