|Assoc Prof Anilkumar K Samtani |
Division of Business Law
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6310
- LLM National University of Singapore 1997
- LLB(Hons) National University of Singapore 1993
|Samtani Anil is an Associate Professor of Law at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore and the Deputy Director of the Centre for Asia Pacific Technology Law and Policy (CAPTEL). Samtani specializes in the areas of intellectual property law and information technology law. Samtani speaks regularly at international conferences and his articles have appeared in internationally refereed law and business journals worldwide.
Samtani is a past recipient of the Fulbright Scholarship, the ECAP II Postgraduate Intellectual Property Rights Scholarship (awarded by the European Commission) and the Nanyang Technological University’s Teacher of the Year (Division of Business Law) and Researcher of the Year (Division of Business Law) awards. Samtani has been engaged by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) as an advisor and speaker on issues such as electronic commerce law, management and protection of intellectual property rights in the digital environment, and technical guidelines and best practices among ASEAN countries. Samtani has also been appointed as the Chair of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)’s Membership Implementation Task Force for East Asia and has held visiting scholarship stints at the Munich Intellectual Property Law Centre at the Max Planck Institute in Germany, the Queen Mary Intellectual Property Research Institute at the University of London, the Berkeley Center for Law & Technology and the Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California at Berkeley.
|Prof Samtani's areas of expertise are in intellectual property law and information technology law. His current research works focus on trademarks and bilateralism in intellectual property rule-making.|
- Samtani Anil. (2012). Virtual Property: A Theoretical and Empirical Analysis. European Intellectual Property Review, 34(3), 188 to 202.
- Samtani Anil. (2012). Trade Marks That Are Contrary To Public Policy or Morality: The Search For The Right-Thinking Man. Intellectual Property Quarterly, (1), 39 to 63.
- Samtani, A. (2009). Smell Marks – A Singapore Study and the Implications for the Commercial Use and Exploitation of Non-traditional Trademarks. IIC International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law, 40(6/2009), 698 - 714.
- Anilkumar K Samtani. (2007). Non-traditional Trade Marks: A Singapore Perspective. Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, 3(3), 180-184.
- Anilkumar K Samtani. (2006, September). Remedies for Breach of Intellectual Property Rights (Session Chair). Paper presented at Journal of Contract Law 2006 Conference: Contract & the Commercialisation of Intellectual Property.