|Aravind obtained the first degree (B. Tech in Chemical Engineering) from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, India in 1999 and M.S. (Chemical Engineering) from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, USA in 2003. He then moved to University of Sydney, Australia where he obtained his PhD in 2007 from the Center for Advanced Materials Technology (CAMT) under the guidance of Professor Yiu-Wing Mai. Upon completion of PhD, Dr Dasari continued to work as a post-doctoral fellow before moving to Madrid Institute of Advanced Studies of Materials (IMDEA Materials Institute) as a Research Scientist in early 2009 to lead the group on Multifunctional Nanocomposites. After a couple of years of exciting stint in Madrid, he joined NTU as an Assistant Professor in mid 2011. Currently, Aravind also holds a Visiting Scientist position at IMDEA Materials Institute.|
- Development of eco-friendly and superior flame retardant polymer nanocomposites
- Polymer Nanocomposites - Novel Approaches for (Active) Food Packaging
- Phua, S. L.; Yang, L.; Toh, C. L.; Guoqiang, D.; Lau, S. K.; Dasari, A.; Lu, X. (2013). simultaneous enhancements of UV resistance and mechanical properties of polypropylene by incorporation of dopamine-modified clay. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 5(4), 1302-1309.
- González A, Dasari A, Herrero B, Plancher E, Santarén J, Esteban A, Lim S-H. (2012). Fire retardancy behavior of PLA based nanocomposites. Polymer Degradation and Stability, 97(3), 248-256.
- Yu CR, Wu DM, Liu Y, Qiao H, Yu ZZ, Dasari A, Du XS, Mai Y-W. (2011). Electrical and dielectric properties of polypropylene nanocomposites based on carbon nanotubes and barium titanate nanoparticles. Composites Science and Technology, 71(15), 1706-1712.
- Qiu WQ, Dasari A, Mai Y-W. (2011). Improvement in adhesion of diamond film on Cu substrate with an inlay structured interlayer. Surface & Coating Technology, 206(2-3), 224-227.
- Dasari A, Zhang QX, Yu ZZ, Mai YW. (2010). Toughening Polypropylene and Its Nanocomposites with Submicrometer Voids. Macromolecules, 43(13), 5734–5739.