|Asst Prof Andy Khong Wai Hoong|
Division of Information Engineering
School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
College of Engineering
Phone: (+65)6790 6008
- PhD University of London, Imperial Coll. 2006
- BEng (Elect Electronic Engrg) Nanyang Technological University 2002
|Andy Khong is currently an Assistant Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Prior to that, he obtained his Ph.D ('02-'05) from the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Imperial College London, after which he also served as a research associate ('05-'08) in the same department. He obtained his B.Eng in Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
His postdoctoral research involved in developing signal processing algorithms for vehicle destination inference as well as the design and implementation of acoustic array and seismic fusion algorithms for perimeter security systems. His Ph.D. research was mainly on partial-update and selective-tap adaptive algorithms with applications to mono- and multi-channel acoustic echo cancellation for hands-free telephony. He has also published works on acoustic blind channel identification for speech dereverberation. His other research interests include speech enhancement and blind deconvolution algorithms. He was the recipient of the best student paper award at the International Workshop on Acoustic Echo and Noise Control 2005.
Acoustic source localization
Acoustic system identification
Seismic signal processing
|Research Grant |
- Defence Innovative Research Programme (2009-2013) [by MINDEF - Defence Science & Technology Agency (DSTA)]
- NRF Proof of Concept (2012-2013) [by National Research Foundation (NRF)]
- NTU Internal Funding (2013-2014) [by Nanyang Technological University]
- PCS Security Pte Ltd (2013-2016) [by PCS Security Pte Ltd]
|Current Projects |
- Detection and Bearing Estimation Using Unattended Seismic Devices.
- Digital Signal Processing: From Concepts to Real-world Applications Using Mobile E-pedagogical Approaches
- Next Generation Low-cost Touch Interface for Large-sized Surfaces
- Signal-processing Technologies for Acoustic Processing and Enhancement of Speech (Project-STAPES)
- L. Lei, A. W. H. Khong. (2011). Adaptive channel equalization of room acoustics exploiting sparseness constraint. IEEE Signal Processing Letters, .
- M. Bekrani, A. W. H. Khong, M. Lotzad. (2011). A clipping-based selective- tap adaptive ltering approach to stereophonic acoustic echo cancellation. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, .
- M. Bekrani, A. W. H. Khong, M. Lotfizad. (2011). A linear neural network based approach for stereophonic acoustic echo cancellation. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, .
- D. Q. Nguyen, W.S.Gan, Andy W.H. Khong. (2011). Time-Reversal Approach to the Stereophonic Acoustic Echo Cancellation Problem. IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language Processing, 19(2), 385-395.
- P. Loganathan, A. W. H. Khong, P. Naylor. (2009). A class of sparseness-controlled algorithms for echo cancellation. IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech, & Signal Processing, 17(8), 1591 - 1601.