|Academic Profile |
| || |
Dr Leong Ping, Alvin
- PhD National University of Singapore 2001
- MA (Eng Lang) National University of Singapore 1997
- BA (Hons) National University of Singapore 1992
- BA (Econ, Eng Lang) National University of Singapore 1991
|Alvin has been teaching at the Language & Communication Centre since 2009. He previously taught at the National University of Singapore (1999-2001) and the National Institute of Education (2001-2008). He has research interests in systemic functional grammar/linguistics, discourse analysis, and literacy studies.|
Alvin was the recipient of a PhD research scholarship from NUS (1997-1999), and two commendation awards from NIE (2005, 2008) for excellence in teaching.
|Systemic functional linguistic/grammar (particular theme and rheme), discourse analysis, literacy studies|
- Leong PA, Toh LLA, & Chin SF. (2018). Examining structure in scientific research articles: A study of thematic progression and thematic density. Written Communication, 35(3), 286–314.
- Leong PA, & Lee HH. (2018, June). Teacher feedback and feedback practice: The views of teachers and students. Paper presented at 16th Asia TEFL, 1st MAAL & 6th HAAL 2018 International Conference, University of Macau, China.
- Leong PA, & Lee HH. (2018). From both sides of the classroom: Perspectives on teacher feedback on academic writing and feedback practice. Journal of Teaching English for Specific and Academic Purposes, 6(1), 151–164.
- Leong PA.(2018). Project-based teaching. The TESOL Encyclopedia of English Language Teaching(780–788). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Leong PA. (2017, September). Thematic progression in scientific texts: An anchored development. Paper presented at Symposium on Teaching & Research on Academic Writing, Reading & Thinking, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
« Back to Category Write-up