|Academic Profile |
| || |
Assoc Prof Tsui-Auch, Lai Si
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch is Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. She obtained her B. Soc. Sc. degree from the University of Hong Kong, and MA degree and Ph.D. degree from Michigan State University, USA. Prior to joining NTU, she worked as research scientist at Technological University of Berlin and Wissenschaft Zentrum Berlin für Sozialforchung (WZB), Germany. Her publications appear in journals such as Journal of International Business Studies, Organization Science, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Journal of International Management, Management and Organization Review, Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Asian Business and Management, International Sociology, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, and Development and Change. Two of her publications were the Winner of the Carolyn Dexter Best International Paper Award of the Academy of Management, 2007, and the Winner of the Citation of Excellence Award of Emerald Management Reviews, 2006. She was awarded "Research Excellence"of the SMO Division in 2010. She has served as a member of the Editorial Board of Organization Studies (UK/Europe), Management International Review, and The Qualitative Report (USA).|
|the institutional perspective|
varieties of capitalism
- HYBRID STRATEGIES TO MANAGE COMPETING INSTITUTIONAL LOGICS: A COMPARATIVE CASE STUDY OF CHINESE SOEs
- IDENTITY MANAGEMENT BY MNCs TO MAINTAIN LEGITIMACY IN THE CHANGING CHINESE INSTITUTIONAL ENVIRONMENT
- Overcoming core stigma: The case of Chinese firm expansion into the United States
- Liu, X.X.*, Tsui-Auch, L.S.*, Yang, J.J., Wang, X., Chen, A.H., Wang. (2019). The Color of Faults Depends on the Lens: MNCs’ Legitimacy Repair in Response to Framing by Local Governments in China. Forthcoming. (*Equal Contribution). Management and Organization Review, .
- Tsui-Auch Lai Si & Chow Dawn. (2018). MNEs within Institutional Contexts. Forthcoming. Journal of International Management, .
- Chow, D., Tsui-Auch, L.S. (2018). Hybrid Strategies to Cope with Commodification Pressure on Professions: A Comparative Study of Two Law Firms in Singapore. Forthcoming. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, .
- Tsui-Auch, Lai Si & Guido Moellering. (2010). WARY MANAGERS: UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENTS, PERCEIVED VULNERABILITY, AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF TRUST IN FOREIGN ENTERPRISES IN CHINA. Journal of International Business Studies, 41, 1056-73.
- Toru Yoshikawa, Tsui-Auch, Lai Si, J. McQuire. (2007). Corporate Governance Reform as Institutional Innovation: The Case of Japan. Organizational Science, 18(6), 973-988.