|Assoc Prof Tsui-Auch, Lai Si |
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6132
- PhD Michigan State University 1995
- MA Michigan State University 1990
- BSc University of Hong Kong 1986
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch is Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. She obtained her B. Soc. Sc. degree from the University of Hong Kong, and MA degree in Telecommunications, and Ph.D. degree from Michigan State University, USA. Prior to joining NTU, she worked as research scientist at Technological University of Berlin and Wissenschaft Zentrum Berlin für Sozialforchung (WZB), Germany. Her publications appear in Organization Science, Journal of International Business Studies, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Management Learning, Journal of Asian Business, International Sociology, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Development and Change, and Gazette. Two of her publications were the Winner of the Carolyn Dexter Best International Paper Award of the Academy of Management, 2007, and the Winner of the Citation of Excellence Award of Emerald Management Reviews, 2006. She served as a member of the Editorial Board of Organization Studies (UK/Europe), and is currently serving as Associate Editor of Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences and as a member of the Editorial Board of two journals including The Qualitative Report (USA), and International Journal of Management Studies and Research (India).|
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch specializes in institutional theory, business group studies, corporate governance reforms, state-capital relations, and the issues of trust and control within multinational corporations.|
|Research Grant |
- RCC (2006-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- RCC (2007-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Business Communication Skills Required by Employers In Singapore
- Tsui-Auch, L.S., Chia, S. & Liu, A. (2014). The changing role of the developmental state in shaping technological development in Singapore.Handbook of Politics and Technpology..
- Tsui-Auch, L.S. & Chow, D. (2013). Ethnic Chinese Family-controlled Firms in Singapore: Continuity and Change in Corporate GovernanceOrganizational Behavior in Ethnic Chinese Business: An Asian Perspective. (pp. Singapore)..
- Tsui-Auch, Lai Si & Dawn Chow. (2013). A critical review of the application of Neo-institutional theory on international management:A study of Walmart’s overseas acquisitions.. Academy of Management.
- Tsui-Auch, L.S., Chia, S. & Liu, A. (2013). The changing role of the developmental state in shaping technological development in Singapore. Conference for the Handbook of Technology and Politics.
- Tsui-Auch, L.S. & Chow, D. (2013). Ethnic Chinese family businessThe Wiley Encyclopedia of Management, Volume 12 Strategic Management..