|Assoc Prof Tsui-Auch, Lai Si |
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 6132
- PhD Michigan State University 1995
- MA Michigan State University 1990
- BSc University of Hong Kong 1986
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch is Associate Professor at Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University of Singapore. She obtained her B. Soc. Sc. degree from the University of Hong Kong, and MA degree in Telecommunications, and Ph.D. degree from Michigan State University, USA. Prior to joining NTU, she worked as research scientist at Technological University of Berlin and Wissenschaft Zentrum Berlin für Sozialforchung (WZB), Germany. Her current research focuses on corporate governance reforms, business groups, and trust and control in multinational corporations. Her research has been published in journals such as Organization Science, Organization Studies, Journal of Management Studies, Management Learning, Journal of Asian Business, International Sociology, International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Development and Change, and Gazette. Two of her publications were the Winner of the Carolyn Dexter Best International Paper Award of the Academy of Management, 2007, and the Winner of the Citation of Excellence Award of Emerald Management Reviews, 2006. She served as a member of the Editorial Board of Organization Studies (UK/Europe), and is currently serving as Associate Editor of Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences and as a member of the Editorial Board of two journals including The Qualitative Report (USA), and International Journal of Management Studies and Research (India).|
|Dr. Lai Si Tsui-Auch specializes in institutional theory, business group studies, corporate governance reforms, state-capital relations, and the issues of trust and control within multinational corporations.|
|Research Grant |
- RCC (2006-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
- RCC (2007-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Business Communication Skills Required by Employers In Singapore
- Guido Moellering. (2010). WARY MANAGERS: UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENTS, PERCEIVED VULNERABILITY, AND THE DEVELOPMENT OF TRUST IN FOREIGN ENTERPRISES IN CHINA. Journal of International Business Studies, 41, 1056-73.
- Tsui-Auch, L.S. and Yoshikawa, T. (2009). Business Groups in SingaporeEvolutionary Dynamics of Business Groups in Emerging Economies, J. Lincoln (ed.). United Kingdom: Oxford University Press, UK.
- Tsui-Auch,L.S. & Moellering, G. (2009). WARY MANAGERS IN CHINA: HOW UNFAVORABLE ENVIRONMENTS AFFECT INTRA-ORGANIZATIONAL PRACTICES. Wissenschaftliche Kommission Organisation.
- Tsui-Auch, Lai Si. (2008). Impact of Regional Ethnicity on Family Business Behaviour in SingaporeCulturally-sensitive Models of Family Businesses Worldwide. India: ICFAI University Press.
- Yoshikawa, T. Tsui-Auch Lai Si and Abdul A. Rasheed. (2008). Institutional Change and Hybrid Modes of M&A: The Cases of Germany and Japan. Academy of International Business (pp. 1-31).