|Assoc Prof Tung Lai Lai |
Assistant Dean (Business), College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Division of Information Technology and Operations Management
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5727
- PhD Indiana University 1992
- MBA Indiana University 1989
- BAcc(Hons) National University of Singapore 1985
|Associate Professor Lai Lai Tung is the Deputy Director of the Information Management Research Centre (IMARC) at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Dr. Tung's research interests include cognitive and behavioral issues in Human Computer Interface, Virtual Communities, Electronic Commerce, Groupware and the Impact of Information Technology (IT) on organizations. Her papers have been published in International MIS Journals, refereed conference proceedings, as well as in special interest IT books. She has co-written several IT case studies of various organizations' innovative use of IT in Singapore. She is also involved in consultation with industry on Electronic Commerce projects.
Currently, she is an Associate Editor for the e-Service Journal a member of the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Global Information Management.
|My current research interest includes examining the cognitive and behavioral issues of participants in virtual communities. Another separate research track looks at website effectiveness from the dual-perspective of web-designers and users.|
|Research Grant |
- RCC (2008-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Understanding the Effect of Transactive Memory on Members' Satisfaction in Online Communities.
- Roger Stephen Debreceny, Martin Surtees Putterill, Tung Lai Lai, A Lee Gilbert. (2003). New Tools for the Determination of E-Commerce Inhibitors. Decision Support Systems, 34(2), 177-195.
- Quaddus, Mohammed A., Tung Lai Lai. (2002). Explaining Cultural Differences in Decision Conferencing. Communications of the ACM, 45(8), 93-98.
- Tung Lai Lai, Mohammed A. Quaddus. (2002). Cultural Differences Explaining the Differences in Results in GSS: Implications for the Next Decade. Decision Support Systems, 33(2), 177-199.
- Jon Kendall, Tung Lai Lai, Chua Khoon Hui, Ng Chia Hong Dennis, Tan Suan Meng. (2001). Receptivity of Singapore's SMEs to Electronic Commerce Adoption. Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 10(3), 223-242.
- Tung Lai Lai, Turban, Efraim. (1998). A Proposed Research Framework for Distributed Group Support Systems, Decision Support Systems. Decision Support Systems, 23(2), 175-188.