|Asst Prof Yu Kang Yang |
Division of Strategy, Management and Organisation
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 5747
- PhD The U. of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2007
- BA(Econ) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 2000
- BA(Psychology) University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 2000
|Yu Kang Yang, Trevor is an Assistant Professor in Organizational Behavior in the Division of Strategy, Management & Organization at the Nanyang Business School, Nanyang Technological University.
Professor Yu received his Ph.D from the University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill), specializing in Organizational Behavior. His primary research interests include studying the phenomenon of fitting individuals with their jobs and organizations, investigating the role of organizational and image in the competition for talent, and understanding of work values generate team effectiveness. He has published in the Journal of Applied Psychology, as well as written a chapter for the recent book entitled "Perspectives on Organizational Fit". Professor Yu has also presented his research at international management conferences such as the Academy of Management Conference and the Society of Industrial-Organizational Psychology.
Professor Yu currently teaches a course in organizational behavior and design. He has also consulted with several US-based companies on issues of work-place climate, work team effectiveness, and organizational image and culture.
Prior to his academic career, Professor Yu was an analyst with an international management consulting firm. He has consulting experiences in business process consulting and organizational change management.
|Professor Yu's research interests include investigating how companies manage their image and culture to attract and retain talent; asking why is it important to fit in with our jobs and organizations; and understanding how member values influence the effectiveness of the teams that they work in. He also does research in the areas of recruitment, cultural values, job satisfaction, and team effectiveness.|
|Current Projects |
- Understanding the complexity of Employer Brand Equity: Interactive effects between employer image, employer reputation, and job search activity on recruitment outcomes.
- Yu, K. Y. T. (2012, August). Person-organization fit effects on organizational attraction: Insights from a signal-based framework. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, Boston, MA.
- Yu, K. Y. T. (2012, April). Nonstandard Work from a Person-environment Fit Perspective: Insights from an Empirical Study. Paper presented at Annual Meeting of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, San Diego, CA.
- Yu, K. Y. T. (2011, August). Complementary and Supplementary Fit During Recruitment: An Empirical Test of a Theoretical Integration.. Paper presented at Academy of Management Conference, San Antonio, TX.
- Yu, K. Y. T. & Cable, D. M. (2011). Exploring the Identity and Reputation of Departmental Groups: Whose Opinions Matter Most to Their Members?. Human Resource Management Journal, 21, 105-121.
- Yu, K. Y. T. & Cable, D. M. (2011). Unpacking Cooperation in Diverse Teams: Incorporating Long-Term Orientation and Civic Virtue in the Study of Informational Diversity. Team Performance Management, 17, 63-82.