|Assoc Prof Lee Kin Wai |
Associate Professor (Practice)
Division of Accounting
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4663
- PhD Nanyang Technological University 2004
- MBA(Dist) University of Leicester 1999
- BEcon(Hons) The University of Sydney 1991
|Lee Kin Wai is Assistant Professor of Accounting at Nanyang Business School in Nanyang Technological University. He holds a First Class Honours Degree (with University Medal) in Accounting, MBA (distinction in finance) and Phd degree. He is a member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Singapore, Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants and American Accounting Association. Dr. Lee is the Vice-Chairman of the Shell Singapore Cooperative, a member of the Corporate Governance Committee of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Singapore and a member of Singapore Compact for Corporate Social Responsibility.
Prior to joining academia, Dr. Lee had extensive experience in accounting and finance and was the Group Accounting Manager in a publicly listed multinational corporation. Dr. Lee specializes in financial statement analysis, capital market research in accounting, corporate governance and valuation. His research on corporate governance and financial accounting standards has been published in international accounting and finance journals such as Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, Singapore Accountant and Accounting and Finance Journal and the business press such as Business Times and Straits Times. In 2007, he received the Teacher of the Year Award for the MBA programme. In 2010, he received the Teacher of the Year Award (Accounting). In 2010, he received the Nanyang Award for Excellence In Teaching by Nanyang Technological University.
|Dr. Lee Kin Wai's areas of expertise are corporate governance, financial accounting issues and business valuation.|
|Research Grant |
- RCC (2006-) [by Ministry of Education (MOE)]
|Current Projects |
- Earning Quality and Corporate Financing Polices of Asian Firms
- JIAN Ming, LEE Kin Wai. (2011). Does CEO Reputation Matter for Capital Investments?. Journal of Corporate Finance, 17, 929-946.
- Lee Kin Wai, Gillian Yeo Hian Heng. (2010). Capital Structure in Asia and CEO Entrenchment. Handbook of Quantitative Finance and Risk Management, , 863-872.
- Lee Kin Wai, Lee Cheng Few, Gillian Yeo Hian Heng. (2009). Investor Protection and Convertible Debt Design. Journal of Banking and Finance, 33(6), 985-995.
- Lee Kin Wai, Lee Cheng Few. (2009). Cash Holdings, Corporate Governance Structure and Firm Valuation. Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, 12(3), 475-508.
- Lee Kin Wai, Baruch Lev, Yeo Hian Heng, Gillian. (2008). Executive Pay Dispersion, Corporate Governance and Firm Performance. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 30, 315-338.