|Asst Prof Lim Kui Suen, Lewis |
Division of Marketing and International Business
College of Business (Nanyang Business School)
Phone: (+65)6790 4095
- PhD Indiana University 2007
- MBus Indiana University 2004
- BBA(Hons) National University of Singapore 1995
|Dr. Lewis Lim is Assistant Professor of Marketing and Deputy MBA Director at Nanyang Business School. He received his Ph.D. and M.Bus. degrees from Indiana University-Bloomington, USA, and his BBA (Hons) degree from the National University of Singapore. Dr. Lim's research focuses on pricing management capabilities, competitive marketing decision making, marketing organization issues, and other marketing management topics. While completing his doctoral dissertation, he was named one of the winners in the Institute for the Study of Business Markets (ISBM) Doctoral Support Award Competition. His research has appeared in the Journal of International Business Studies, the Journal of Strategic Marketing, the Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, The International Review of Retail, Distribution and Consumer Research, and the Journal of International Consumer Marketing. At Nanyang Business School (NBS), Dr. Lim specialises in teaching Marketing Strategy and Product/Pricing Management courses using the strategy simulation pedagogy. In 2012, he received the Nanyang Business School Teacher of the Year (Business) award and, in 2010, the Marketing & International Business Division Teaching Excellence Award.|
|Development of pricing management capabilities; competitive marketing behavior; biases and myopia in marketing decision making; marketing organization issues; SME marketing practices and problems.|
|Current Projects |
- A Study of Pricing Managmenet Styles, Business Contextual Factors, and Performance Patterns
- Judgmental Errors and Biases in Marketing Analysis and Planning
- Lim, Lewis K.S. (2012). Mapping Competitive Prediction Capability: Construct Conceptualization and Performance Payoffs. Journal of Business Research, (Forthcoming).
- Lim, Lewis K.S. and Sheryl E. Kimes. (2012). Technology- and Human-Intensiveness in Room Rate-Setting: A Study of Four Styles among Asia-Pacific Hotels. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, (Forthcoming).
- Lim, Lewis K.S. and Abhishek Pathak. (2012, July ). Managers as Paranoid Strategists: A Study of the Nature, Causes, and Consequences of Competitive Paranoia. Paper presented at Global Marketing Conference, Seoul, Korea.
- Rusetski, Alexander and Lewis K.S. Lim. (2011). Not Complacent but Scared: Another Look at the Causes of Strategic Inertia among Successful Firms from a Regulatory Focus Perspective. Journal of Strategic Marketing, 19(6), 501-516.
- Lim, Lewis K.S. (2010, September). Competitive Conjecturing as a Capability: A Conceptualization and Study of Its Performance Payoffs. Paper presented at KAMS Global Marketing Conference, Tokyo.