|Assoc Prof Hooi Den Huan |
Phone: (+65)6790 5891
Office: RTP/BX 02-00
- PhD University of Manchester 1989
- BSc(Hons) University of Bradford 1977
|Hooi Den Huan is an Associate Professor Marketing and International Business Division, Nanyang Business School, NTU, Singapore. He co-authored the bestselling book, “Rethinking Marketing” together with Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya and Sandra Liu and the bestselling “Think ASEAN!” book with Philip Kotler and Hermawan Kartajaya. Together with Philip Kotler and Hermawan Kartajaya, they established the Philip Kotler Center for ASEAN Marketing (www.philipkotlercenter.com).
Apart from being an Advisory Board Member for Marketing Management and IS, Cornell University-Nanyang Institute of Hospitality Management, Den is also the Secretary-General of the Asia Marketing Federation Foundation. In addition, he is an International Advisory Board member for the School of Business Management, Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB).
Den completed the Participant Centred Learning Programme at Harvard Business School and was a Visiting Scholar at the Sloan School of Management, MIT. He sits on the International Editorial Boards of the Journal of Creativity and Innovation Management (UK); Journal of Leadership and Organisation Studies (US); Journal of Sports Marketing and Sponsorship (UK); Journal of Chinese Enterprise (China) and the International Retail and Marketing Review (South Africa). He has conducted Executive programmes/talks for more than 50 organisations in Singapore and overseas
|Hooi Den Huan's areas of expertise are in marketing and strategy.
His current research works focus on:
Competitive industry analysis - the airline industry and its related service brand equity
A book on marketing quotations.
- Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, Hooi Den Huan, Sandra Liu. (2008). Rethinking Marketing: Sustainable Market-ing Enterprise in Asia (2nd edition). Prentice Hall.
- Hooi Den Huan. (2008). ASEAN Marketing: Challenges and Opportunities. Pan-Pacific Conference XXV.
- Philip Kotler, Hermawan Kartajaya, Hooi Den Huan. (2007). Think ASEAN!..
- Wan Chew Yoong, Hooi Den Huan. (2007). Service Quality Assessment for An Airline's Cconomy Class. Pan-Pacific ConferencePan Pacific Business Association.
- Nigel Goodwin and Hooi Den Huan. (2006). Yamaha Indoesia (A): Positioning and Launching Automatic Motorcycles in Indonesia..