|Dr. Adela Chen is an assistant professor in the department of IT and Operations Management, Nanyang Business School. She received her Master's degree from the National University of Singapore, and her PhD in Management Information Systems from the Unversity of Georgia. Her research has been published in journals such as MIS Quarterly, Information & Management, IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, Journal of Systems and Information Technology, and in conference proceedings such as the International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS).|
Dr. Chen's research interests include interruptions in human-computer interaction, information systems and environmental sustainability, and healthcare informatics. She pursues her research interests at both individual and organizational levels using both quantitative (e.g., archival data, survey) and qualitative methodologies (e.g., interviews, observation).
- Chen, A.J. and Karahanna, E. (2010, December ). Understanding Technology-Mediated Interruptions across Work and Personal Life. Paper presented at MIS Quarterly Pre-ICIS Workshop for Authors, St. Louis, MO, USA.
- Watson, R.T., Boudreau, M.C., and Chen, A.J. (2010). Information Systems and Environmentally Sustainable Development: Energy Informatics and New Directions for the IS Community. MIS Quarterly, 34(1), 23-38.
- Chen, A.J., Watson, R.T., Boudreau, M.C., Karahanna, E. (2009). Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS): Organizational Adoption of Green IS & IT: An Institutional Perspective. International Conference on Information SystemsPhoenix, Arizona, USA.
- York, P., Boudreau, M.C., and Watson, R.T., Chen, A.J. (2009, August ). Green IS: Using Information Systems to Encourage Green Behavior. Paper presented at The 69th Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (AOM), Chicago, Illinois, USA.
- Chen, A.J.W., Boudreau, M.C., and Watson, R.T. (2008). Information Systems and Ecological Sustainability. Journal of Systems and Information Technology, 10(3), 186-201.